Is anyone on a really high dose ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anyone who takes higher than 300mg ? I take 337.5 daily and I have for about 8 years. I didn't realise this was extremely high until I began reading stories on here. Should I be worried about taking this dosage ? I have side effects but I think that's a better option than the depression itself so I plan to take these for the rest of my life if I can.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If it works for u don't read up on horror stories, every one reacts differently to every drug, I'm on 225mg x
  • Posted

i was on 325mg for years, and did me no great harm, as far as i know. think you can go up to 375mg
  • Posted

Hi Joanne, I'm on 225mg but am expecting this to go up to 300mg next week.  As per 1979 and El Shiz comments, if it works for you don't worry about it.

225mg isn't doing anything for me and I'm on Mirtazapine 30mg.  We all need different doses and different drugs.  I used to be very anti medication but now I'll take anything that my psychiatrist prescribes because I'm so desperate for the depression to lift and I trust that he knows what he's doing.

Take good care xxx

• Posted

If a doctor or psychiatrist prescribed this high dose and you have done well on it for 8 years, then no need to worry.  I was on 150mg for 9 years.  Yes I admit I have never heard of anyone else on this high dose, but does not mean to say nobody else is, or that you should be worried. 

If you feel you want to stay on this dose, and it alleviates your depression, then that is a good thing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.