Is anyone on mirt and diazepam ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

If so do you find waking up in the morning difficult ?

I am on 45mg of mirt at bedtime and 10mg of diazepam at 6 / 7 ish and find it really hard to wake up. Feel like i am coming out of a coma !!!

My nurse thinks it is the diazepam but i have been on that alone without this problem. I plan to reduce the mirt soon and am worried as it can be more sedating at lower doses and pretty zonked now. Am also on 150mg of venlaflaxine.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sarah

i was on 45mg and 15mg diazepam, I think it's the mirtazapine causing you this feeling as I was very same as you .. ive been on diazepam alone and didn't suffer from it but once my mirt was upped to 45mg that's when I felt I couldn't wake up

hope this helps you in some kind of way

kaz

• Posted

Thanks Kaz

So are you off them both now ?

If so what order did you taper them ? How was the diazepam taper....how fast did you drop etc ? Did you feel better on lower doses of mirt.....if you were ever on them as i know you CT the mirt.

• Posted

Sarah

im of mirtazapine just over 13wks I was took of 45mg put on 30mg then 15mg then nothing as my doc and physc said there was no withdrawals at that point I knew nothing about mirtazapine withdrawals

i was put into a different antidepressants the next day..

i don't take diazepam all the time I only take it when I need to.

i never suffered anixety until I was put onto mirtazapine..

i take 5mg of diazepam at nights before I sleep which lets he get a good few hours of sleep as the antidepressants I'm on now causes drowsiness too...

i think it's the mirtazapine causingbyou the problems as when I was on them they never helped me st all , in fact all they done was cause me problems 

i know they work well for some people but I definitely wasn't 1 of the people who they worked for 

kaz

• Posted

I agree. I think it is the mirt as well but these doctors just don t have a clue. At least mine are on board with a slow taper using liquid even though they think i am crazy and wanting this is just part of my illness.
    • Posted

Did you only start getting withdrawals once you were off or before that ?
    • Posted

Sarah

the whole time I was on mirtazapine (16months) I never felt well I'd no motivation sickness, itching skin, felt numb like a walking zombie but my doc and physc kept telling me that mirtazapine couldn't be causing this..

i know my own mind and I knew how I felt..

i knew nothing about mirtazapine then.. it was only when I was dropped from 45mg to 30mg I felt worse that's when I found this site , when I asked to be weaned of mirtazapine they looked at me as if I'd 2heads and both theyr replies were the same "you don't need to wean of it just stop at 15mg.

id 2 30mg mirt left (could of been only 1 I can't remember) so I broke it in half and took 7.mg last. 2 nights...

id no other mirtazapine tabs left and docs wouldn't give me none to taper down with so I went straight onto another antidepressants the next day

kaz

• Posted

Sarah

i sent you a private message about my new antidepressants have a wee look at your messages

kaz

• Posted

Hiya,  I think it's the horrid side effects from the Mirt but taking your diazepam at that time in the morning will only add to the unwanted extra sedation.

Whist your tapering I'd suggest taking your med whist having your morning coffee, 

I hope it all gets better for you 

Good luck 😉 

• Posted

Thanks vikki

I meant 6/7 at night i take the diazepam.

I plan to taper the mirt down to 15 then decide whether to carry on or start to taper the diazepam next.

• Posted

I'd get off the mirtazipine first because it's a mind altering drug.

You will need an odd diazepam whist getting off the Mirt then once your steady you'll probably be ready and want to get off the Diazepam

Good luck I hope you find something works for you. 

• Posted

Mirtazapine definitely does something to your brain think it's fried mine , I use diazepam when I need to when my anixety is sky high but never will I ever take another mirtazapine..I know they work for some but I surely was on them

kaz

• Posted

I'm making an app to see an psychiatrist. My Gp is useless and won't give me a diaz because of dependency but yet they'll see me walk away helpless. 

It seems so cruel, they prescribe Mirt but won't believe a word of w/d's so it's time to go over my doctor head and see a psyc. 

I can't keep waking up wishing I wasn't here, there must be more they can do then for a hormone related low mood. I haven't felt any contentment in months just feel alone and sad so I'm going to make them listen to me once and for all. I've really had enough 

Thanks for listening. 

Ps...Don't know what I'd do without this forum. 

• Posted

Vikki my doctors are the same they won't hear of mirtazapine having withdrawals nor will my physc ... I can't see what reason they won't give you some diazepam to get you over the worse if this , they hand us prescription drugs like mirtazapine with out telling us what harm it does to us yet when you need help from them they don't want to know....

mirtazapine has stole 2yrs from my life I'm if it over 13 weeks and withdrawals are still horrific 

vikki how long you been on mirt or how long on withdrawals? 

Site wont let me scroll back it keeps freezing

kaz

• Posted

So sorry you are going through this. I know how it feels to wake up feeling like that. Still do to some extent.

Did you taper of the mirt ? It should get better as each day you are getting closer to the withdrawals being over.

I wish i had never taken diazepam it is very addictive with a terrible withdrawal. Maybe another AD will work for you. I take one that does seem to help....obvously not the mirt.

Beware diazepam !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.