Is anything around me real?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello my name is Hayley I'm 13 and I've had anxiety since the 4th grade. I have gotten used to calming myself down when I start stressing and start having trouble breathing that's easy. Recently though I feel like nothing around me is real. I'm very aware I've had anxiety and I normally not as scared as I am now. I had a volleyball game the other night and almost the whole game didn't feel real. What can I do I'm sick of my anxiety I just want to be normal.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley sorry your feeling this way

sad have you told anyone how your feeling? Would you like to talk to a counsellor maybe to help you deal with these feelings? I'm sure your doctor or parents would be able to get you an appointment.

When you say nothing feels real what do you mean?

• Posted

I told my mom and she doesn't understand but said she would get me a counsellor and apparently it's common in most cases of anxiety. It's like when I look down at my hand sometimes I have to pinch myself for it to click that it's real. I wouldn't wish what I got through everyday on anyone.

• Posted

So sorry your dealing with this. Has your doctor said it's definitely anxiety? Did anything traumatic happen before all this started?

• Posted

Well before 4th grade my best friend moved to California and my parents got a divorce so I mean that happened.
    • Posted

Divorce can be very stressfull so maybe that triggered it. You probably do need to talk to a counsellor. Anxiety is not nice at any age and the symptoms can be very scary. Just know you are not alone. I hope you begin to feel better.
  • Posted

How do you calm youself down ,please share
    • Posted

For the disconnected from reality feeling I don't know how to calm myself down. But for panic attacks I breathe and talk to someone if possible crack a joke anyway to get myself to laugh makes me calm down also thinking it's just your head making you feel this well helps a ton.

• Posted

Hia this is a common symptom of anxiety I know it's awful and can be scarey at first , I get it myself I just have to tell myself that this is real and it is just anxiety x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.