Is bland diet very helpful for chronic gastritis?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Many websites says that bland diet is pretty suitable for chronic gastritis sufferers. I've been suffering from chronic gastritis since 8 months and severe nausea destroys my life.

Is bland diet usefol for chronic gastritis?

White rice, chicken, egg whites, cooked veggies and no fruits/no junks. (maybe a banana a day but not always)

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have gastroparesis, but suffer from nausea, reflux and regurgitation. I find I can usually consume something best in the am, I make "green" shakes my that have vegan protein in them , powdered fruits/veggies then I add juice and almond milk and ice. I can take my meds and supplements with it. You can also grab baby food that's pretty good, just add some honey or blackstrap molasses to it to sweeten it up it salt. Hope that helps some. Oh yeah go for a walk after every meal. It makes a difference!
  • Posted

My opinion -

Dctrs don't believe in bland diet for long-term. In acute gastritis temporary diet restrictions is ok. In longer period it's imp for stomach to be Used to normal and variety of food. Else risk of building sensitivity.

I have been through chronic gastritis period. Did all sort of things including bland diet and food restrictions. Ended up loosing 20 pounds. Now I am much better and eat almost everything!

• Posted

I think bland diet is perfectly suitable for me. All fruits (sometimes even banana!) cause nausea. Most of veggies also irritate my stomach. I must cook them.

On the other hand, I can eat ice cream without a problem and I didn't understand that fact till I meet with bland diet.

Avoiding all fruits and raw veggies (vegg juices also irritate my stomach) should be avoided for me.

I can tolerate refined wholewheat bread, hard-boiled eggs (I mostly eat egg whites tho), basmati rice/brown rice, chicken breast, legumes (maybe they hurt just a little bit not important)

Also I can eat most of junks surprisingly (pizza and some fast food stuff)

I think, avoiding all raw foods are best choice for me.

Any diet tips for me, mahesh?

• Posted

And oh, almost forgot to say that,

Sparkling waters also irritate my stomach just a little bit. I tried everything about water, mineral water, sparkling water, different brands but it does not matter.

I really don't understand that fact.

• Posted

Well It looks you have developed food sensitivity. Have you gone through Sensitivity Test ? Mostly you should avoid all the food which irritates your stomach. You may have different list, but generally you need to avoid V Spicy , Citrus , Dairy food , Junk , Raw Vegs , Red Meat etc.

Try Probiotics course for a month to improve Gut Flora. Have small and frequent meals ( Avoid Heavy meals ).

• Posted

Yesterday, I ate basmati rice with boiled chicken breast without a prob but today I added steamed broccoli to this meal and I feel nauseous unfortunately. I think, I must avoid crucifiorious family, too.

No, I did not. My doc said that these food intolerance tests are not scientific.

I complete avoid dairy, citrus, raw veggies and red meat now.

Legumes don't hurt too much. I soak, boil and cook them.

By the way, I'm starting 20 mg omeprazole a day three days ago.

• Posted

The easiest  way to find out about food sensitivity is to have a blood test called IgG 93 panel. These arent cheap but they are a Godsend and much better than the skin prick method.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.