Is bleeding normal

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m 10 days from having a total LAVH with pelvic mass removal(20cm x 20cm x 9 cm), salpingectomy (Fallopian Tube removal) and surgical repair of abrasions in vagina due to the surgery.   Recovery has been pretty ok. Minimal pain, but lots of discomfort, extremely tired all the time. 

I’ve had some spotting at the beginning and daily drainage (sorry to be graphic). Today I took an outing to our farmers market and walked around. Not a lot but probably on my feet walking or standing for about an hour.   I had significantly more spotting when I returned home with many small blood clots ( size of pinky finger nail).

Is this normal? Should I be concerned?  I have felt worse in the last few days then I did in the first 5 days after surgery.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Nik

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is very normal, I bleed 10 days after surgery very minimal and my doctor says d it’s very normal and it can continue several weeks after. My doctor said as long as it’s not soaking a pad it’s normal. Hope this eases your concerns 🙂

• Posted

Hi - just like your other replies - that is normal. Took me about 5 weeks to stop bleeding - it's when you bleed after you have been stopped for a few days (I had a bleed in week 7) then you get it checked out! Good luck in your recovery - takes a while, you have to be a patient patient :-)

• Posted

Hi Nik

Similar to your other replies I had bleeding which is normal for a good few weeks. Not clots but definite bleeding . I would say it sounds like  you are doing really well going out walking about after 10 days as I didn’t manage walking outside for a good month or so! Don’t be hard on yourself and make sure you don’t over do it. Just keep moving about as you feel you can. But if you are unsure of anything just call your doc as it’s always good to get reassurance. You take care and hope your recovery goes well. 

Lynda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.