Is Bowling acceptable after knee replacement ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

18 months PKR wondering if bowling is ok to do ? My only thought is the weight of the ball and the possibility of twisting wrong ? I’m looking to join a league just a fun family bowling party .

Thank you !

Debbie 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Meant I’m not looking to join a league 
  • Posted

Hi Debbie,I’m 4 months TKR on the left knee, I’m 58 and my game is golf and all the weight goes on the left knee when you play golf and I’m back playing without any adverse reaction.But if you mean 10pin bowling I wouldn’t take any run up,just stand and bowl and see how you get on.
    • Posted

Thanks Brent ! Yes regular bowling . ( is there only 10?) 

Yes I do run up typically and will be mindful .  Happy for you about the golfing . That is all why we go through what we do to get a life back .  Enjoy !

Debbie

• Posted

I don't know the answer but will be interested in any answers you get.

I enjoy bowling

• Posted

I had TKR 5 years ago. I started indoor bowling last year and it seems OK. All you can  do is give it a try and see really. Hope it's OK and you enjoy your bowling. I find our bowling club a friendly bunch and it is also the social aspect of it not just the playing of the bowls. Let me know how you get on.

Sarah

• Posted

I play lawn bowls lot home sedate but great fun, played for 15 years now and already bowled for 2 years from first TKR and now just had 2nd and expect to be back ready for the season end of April, so its another sport you can try smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.