is burning chest and anxiety related

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone ive been in and out of hospitals and docs alot lately because of my health anxiety but the last few days mainly when lying down i get a weird burning sensation in my chest and im sick of going to docs and emergency room im constantly worrying about my health. Is this normal

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yeah its part of anxiety I to suffer from it the chest pain will eventually go as you recover from anxiety I hardly get chest pain any more I use to get it very bad on a daily basis phoning for help from the nhs help line and 1 time I phoned an ambulance that day I phoned an ambulance I was dredging it was but it wasn't you would know if it was something bad say the h word you would be on the ground in the worst pain in your life you wouldn't be thinking I'm have in h a it will go soon the more you think about it the more it's going to be there 
  • Posted

Hi Simon. Yes, that's completely normal with anxiety. However if it's burning, it sounds like a bit of acid reflux or indigestion/heart burn. Also caused by stress and anxiety and grts worse when lying down. I would wait after you eat for an hour or so before lying down after meals and also get an antacid or some over the counter omeprazole like prilosec or something maybe some zantac too. That will help within 24hours or so. Hope this helps! Best of luck, anxiety is a bitch! 
  • Posted

Hi Simon, I have this to, my anxiety sets off acid reflux and heartburn in me, I thought I was having a heart attack the other day, but I perseveered with it, and it was trapped wind, so try over the counter stuff, or see your gp, if you are concerned, but that should help .☺
  • Posted

Simon, you may have a hiatal hernia caused by acid reflux...I would take some previcid, OTC, or tums until the acid gets less and less....hope you feel better.
  • Posted

Hi Simon

How is your chest pain?

Im also struggling with burning chest most of the times with lots of gas in my chest. Its scary because it feels like a heart problem.

Hope you are better

• Posted

Hi Simon,

I suffer with Anxiety and am taking medication for it, but for the first time tonight I've woken up (not in pain) with a sensation of warmth in the middle of my chest. Also, I've been passing wind, if it were a Heart attack I'd know about it. But because this was my first unpleasant experience I was begining to panic, but I before I went to bed I ate a hearty meal not long before, about an Hour or so. And I'm assuming it is built up of digestive gases (hence the wind) but it seems to of eased off just before putting this post together, I have had bloods, ECG scans and X rays for possible fault findings and all has come back clear. Hope this helps, the lovely people on this forum are very experienced in giving good advice and support in all Areas of the human body. I'm the world's worst worried bit coming on here has helped me immensely 🖒

• Posted

HEY how are you doing, I saw that you posted this 3 years ago. I was wondering how are you doing today. I have smililar symptoms to yours thanks to anxiety. But I want to know what you did to get rid of it. Or maybe you have techniques. 
  • Posted

Yup Simon classic anxiety symptom, my arms burn when I'm particularly anxious.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.