Is drinking coffee everyday cause problems to the eye?

Posted , 2 users are following.

can a person with Blepharirist drink coffee? Can coffee make eye dry or high IOP(eye pressure)?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had blepharitis and I drink cofffee. But this is the first time I've heard of any hint of a link between the two.

To be honest, I think it's highly unlikely.

(I no longer have blepharitis and I still drink coffee.)

Where does this question come from?

• Posted

Dear Light, thanks so much for ur info. I really love coffee, and I drink black coffee all day. I did make up all day for 9years, and contact lenses 4years since m myopia. This whole year I occasionally did it since I was pregnant, and stayed at home a lot. But, suddenly, I started eyelid inflammation. Eye doctor told me to stop all make up, contact lenses and coffee in my life. He just told me my eyelids are inflamed and not sure what is the cause. It make me so sad. How long u can get ride of it? Can u pls kindly give me ur tip of how u get rid of it? 
  • Posted

how did you get rid of your blipharitis? Dena
    • Posted

There is a specific protocol for treating blephartis that involves hot compresses, massage of the upper lid, cleansing with cotton buds and baby soap, etc... Your GP will be sure to have it or you could probably get it online.

It requires a picture or two...

I did that religiously every night for ten days and then a few years later again... easy-peasy.

• Posted

Yes, most definitely! If I'd known how easy it was I'd have done it years before.

I suffered it for at least three years.

Search the treatment online. Any probs, just ask!

• Posted

Can yu tell me exactly what you did? Many people like myself are having serious issues wth this curse. Dena
    • Posted

Thanks to the moderator for the helpful link. smile
    • Posted

Thanks to the moderator for the helpful link. smile
    • Posted

Thanks Moderator for this info. I tend to go to the other site by default.

No need, clearly...!

• Posted

My eye doctor never mention any of it. Just gave me eyedrops for 2weeks. Now still not 100% clear up yet. :'( I do hot compress, wash my eye with baby shampoo, massage my eyelid, eye scurb with towel and hot water, but still here for 5weeks. What have u done? Can u list it here?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.