is electric foot massage machine safe to use for us Afibbers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Guys anyone use an electric foot massage machine is it safe for us to do so?

I have PAF

Linda x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I have a shiatsu foot massager which I use regularly and its never caused me an issue. I too have PAF.
    • Posted

Thanks Cardiac, wasn't sure so thought I would check what would we do without each other on this site.

L x

• Posted

I never thought of that linda. Also I have a facial that uses an electric massager. My consultant said just live your life....I reckon she would've mentioned electrical equipment if it was a danger to AF's

• Posted

thanks Frances,

I guess your right if it was a problem would be mentioned somewhere.

L x

• Posted

Goodness gracious ... I haven't the foggiest idea, but I certainly hope so!  In fact, it might even be helpful - insofar as PAF may be caused by crosstalk from the vagal nerve, it may be that external physical stimulations help the body sort these out better and maybe reduces PAF.  And if it just makes your feet feel better and relaxes you generally, that should be good too!

• Posted

Hi Linda, I have an electric foot massager and like you I have wondered if I should use it. I have very swollen feet and ankles. I think I will try to check it out before I use it.

Maryx

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Apart from asking the guys on here. yesterday I  ran it past my pharmacist who said she couldn't see a problem I have a swollen right foot and ankle so thought it might help the circulation and the trembling I have been experiencing, so last night I gave it a try just for 15 mins on low thought I would start slowly,it resulted in my having pins and needles all over feet fingers arms face tongue for most of the night, it didn't trigger my PAF, now I have to decide was that a worse before it get better scenario and do it again tonight?????

let me know if you find out anything.

I have been diagnosed recently with ACCP positive palindromic RA, and my fibromyalgia is in a flare up, so I am not sure what's causing what, fed up with seeing a different GP every time I go, mostly locums who just smile and say if its no better in a month come back.

Linda xx

• Posted

I was wondering the same about my Powerfit vibration machine. Somebody told me her EP told her not to use it. It’s hard to exercise with all the meds I take and that was something I could do easily. I am in persistent afib which is rate controlled. 🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.