Is Endometriosis common in peri?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 

would anybody else be suffering from Endometriosis? Ive had scans they telling me theres a slight thickining in the lining of the womb telling me its Endometriosis im in constant pain with my back and pelvic area pain killers dont help at all i cannot take the codine they make me feel so ill does anybody know if this will go away once my menepause is over? Also i didnt think they could just confirm Endometriosis just by abdominal scan also trans vaginal scan i thought you had to have a camera put through an incision below your belly button to confirm Endometriosis? Any help and advice would be very much appreciated right now xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes my endometriosis went to endometrial hyperplasia - 24/7 pain - diagnosed in early August if this year - I was put in hospital to have a biopsy done - when gyn opened my cervix to do the biopsy blood gushed out and he couldn't get a good biopsy - one week layer when I went to see my gyn he said we can put you back in hospital and see if we can get a better biopsy or we can do a complete hysterectomy - I am 72 yrs old and have had breast cancer in 2000 and then this year had a scare in other breast but it wasn't cancer - gyn said with your history of breast cancer I would suggest a hysterectomy - so on Oct 27th of this year I had a complete hysterectomy done robotically and laparoscopy - I have 5 small incisions across my belly with invisible dissolvable stitches and glue and stitches inside where my uterus and cervix were taken out thru my vagina - I spent 2 days in the hospital - was back driving my car in 5 days - I get out and walk every day - I still work so I go back on Monday - saw my gyn yesterday and he was very pleased - I see him again Dec 8th when he will do an internal exam - in the meantime nothing is to be put in my vagina - no sex, no douching - 

• Posted

Wow, you have been through a lot. As long as you are healthy, everything us good. It seems you have a great attitude. All the best to you. Xx
    • Posted

Oh my word you have been through it 😩Im glad your on the road to recovery now an thank you so much for your reply it does help only knowing that there are other people out there with the same problems as me an i dont feel like im going round the bend lol hopefully now i can get this sorted ive been back to the gp who as now sent me to gynies so fingers crossed and thank you everybody xxxx

• Posted

Endometriosis can worsen with menopause but not restricted to it. I had it when I was 15 , was treated and when on to have 2 children. It returned at peri stage with the symptoms you describe. I had a coil fitted in 2015 with no success ; in august this year and lots of appointments , scans and internal examinations it was finally realised my coil was not inserted correctly. In august I went under GA to hsve the womb lining removed by ablation (hot wire) and a new coil inserted . So far so good , no pain in back , legs or abdomen . Hopefully this will take me through the next 5 years pain free. Though even a few months pain free would be nice. Talk to your gp and asked to be referred to gynae to discuss options. Good luck
    • Posted

thank you for replying cathy im so glad your getting there hopefully i will too gp sent me to gynie so just waiting on appointment now the pain is absolutely awful isnt it.all the best to you hope you remain pain free xx
  • Posted

Hi Deb,

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 26 after having a laparoscopy done. I had suffered with extreme heavy periods from the age of 13. At 49, it was discovered that I had started peri even though blood tests had come back ok, I had continued to bleed heavily and had the dizziness, nausea, fatigue and headaches. I saw a Gyno who suggested I have a D& C and have Mireya implanted. At the checkup at the Gyno a few weeks later she said I was

lucky I went when I did as I could've bled to

death, there was so much blood, a few

polyps etc. Since having the Mirena fitted

the heavy bleeding stopped but the other

Peri symptoms have stayed.

Definitely go see a Gyno and see what they say, they'll be able to do a laparoscopy and see what's going on and discuss options with you.

All the best ??

• Posted

Hi anna

thanks for your reply,im off to gyno hopefully i can get something done now the bleeding as died down well it wasnt so bad this month but the pain seems constantly with me though did you get alot of pain in your pelvic area also lower back and in the front of your thighs? This is what im getting right now also a burning sensation dow there drives me mad pain killers not helping much at all an along with other peri symptoms im feeling pretty much exhausted 😞😞.

• Posted

Hi Deb,

So glad that you are heading off to the Gyno, hopefully you will get the answers , help and reasurrance you need.

?Yes, I did get a lot of pain in the pelvic area, going across my lower back and down my legs, no amount of hot water bottles or wheat bags helped, just extreme pain killers that had me zonked out for a few days until the period stopped.

?The heavy bleeding and intense pain is bad enough but to have the other peri symptoms as well is rough to say the very least.

?Good luck at the Gyno's let me know how you go and if you need to talk about anything you can send me a private message.

Take Care

Anna biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.