Is Eyhance over rated

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi l suggested to my Surgeon l wanted Eyhance, he said he didnt think it was any better then any other monofocal and he said if l want both good distance and intermediate without glasses then vivity is the best choice and vivity is the lens he would go with himself. l think l read Eyhance only gives an extra 10cm of nearer vision compared to a standard monofocal , if thats the case then is Eyhance overrated

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi John. I can only confirm my experience about actual visuals with eyhance excluding the measurements and numbers which are confusing and general. I had bad myopia since pre teen. when diagnosed with cataracts overnight vision -5 contact lens only. I read about eyehance thanks to this forum Best choice ever I can see near close and far with clarity. For absolute perfection i can pop in the lowest prescription for distance contact -.50 i use multifocals now with low near. But i dont wear them often. I dont need glasses for laptop maybe at night the 1.25 readers for books. I can actually watch tv without correction so intermediate is great . No halos. Only issue is mild pco. Dr told me i had three types cataracts so I guess i got away easy with mild pco. Weird thing is when i pop in -50 contacts pco greatly reduced. From day of surgery I could see well. Transitioned in hours and days from blind without contacts to needing no vision correction and I know its due to eyhance.

• Posted

Sorry John. I had cataract surgery done in Oct and Nov 2021 both eyes.

• Edited

Hello ,I have actually had the Eyehance implanted in my right eye after cateract removal on 23 June 2022 two weeks ago .Its unbelievable for me the depth of vision near and far is amazing .I am writing this on my phone dont need glasses for this distance at all .I will need glasses for very close reading very small print ,ingredients and such like .But I can easily read a book without glasses .The quality of vision is like ultra ,ultra high definition I can see each individual leaf on trees hundreds of feet away and the contrast is amazing. My cateracts were so bad I couldn't see much on the TV at all just blurred faces now the colours are stunning. My consultant a teaching Professor very highly thought of told me that the operation was a great success and that I should gain very usable near vision which appears to be the case ,he set the lens to +19 as without cateracts I am neither long or short sighted .To say I am delighted is an understatement .My friend had a trifocal lens put in about 7 weeks ago and she is having problems with her near vision it was ok to start with but now she can no longer use her computer without reading glasses .

I think everyone is different ,I have been lucky and from my experience I can wholeheartedly recommend the Eyehance .

• Posted

Sounds absolutely amazing. Happy for you. You mention the power used but not the refraction target. Do you know what your target was? If you can see leaves on trees I assume you targetted plano / distance?

• Posted

I wanted good distance but not loose too much near sight .My Consultant recommended Eyehance as a good choice for me .He said he had had excellent results and if I was lucky I would get usable near vision. He said that the multi focal or tri focal lenses had too many problems with halos and poor night vision and in his experience, which is vast, the Eyehance was an excellent choice. I cannot begin to explain how wonderful it is to be able to see so clearly .I can see the car dashboard no problem at all no blur .The only thing I have noticed is faint halos around some lights at night but that's all .Everyone is different and until you have had the operation you wont know exactly how your sight will be after ,even after studying all the technicalities you wont know until you have it done .I had excellent vision prior to getting cateracts so I did not need any rectification

• Posted

Jennie, have you been able to achieve razor sharp computer vision with these lenses?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.