Is getting rid of ovaries a good idea? If you've had months of been in agony with ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have written my story over on a different page! So please someone reach out to me I'm so desperate!!!!

Thanks Lauren

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I got rid of both of mine in August and good riddance! I am glad they are gone, they also removed my tubes. I feel better now than I have in a year. The surgery was a breeze and within a month I could not even tell I had surgery. I am relieved to know I will no longer have to worry about having anymore cysts. Good luck to you what ever you decide.
    • Posted

It's so good to read people's stories and know I'm not imaging it all so thank you so much! I've been through hell and back for past 5 months I don't think I can take another operation but if it's what I need to do it's what I will do just out of interest how old are you because I'm 19 and I want a family when I'm older but I need this nightmare to stop I want rid of it all because my life is more valuable I've lost my job almost cost me my partner, I've lost a disgusting amount of weight I'm embarrassed to be seen like this I was never massive I was a healthy size 10 now I'm back in kids cloths age 15... It's awful some help please! Hahha thank you so much x
    • Posted

Oh sweet heart xx get on to them I'm 27 and they really will do everything they can to save your ovaries at your age xx I was the same for years on and off they told me it was bowls appendix blah blah xx I'm lucky I have two children and don't want anymore I did ask if they would rid me of them lol and they said point blank no xx keep on at them hopefully yours gets sorted soon xx health is more important but if you need to have an op you have to rest xx something I'm finding hard with two young children lol xx
  • Posted

I'm a week post op had a laparotomy bilateral ovarian cystectomy xx basically had two cysts removed from both ovaries xx I was symptomatic with mine for years and although I am in a fair amount of pain from surgery already the cyst pain has gone xx I was fortunate enough to have mine saved xx if you have surgery there is always a risk of loosing them xx your surgeon should give you the pros and cons xxx good luck sweet xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply so helpful to hear everyone else's stories because things like this is hard to explain how bad it is.. So thank you! But sounds like you've been through hell and back to my 5 months seems pathetic to everyone else's hahha. I realise the risks of not having a family possibly in the future but this has cost me my life I really need help I feel like the NHS are a joke I was told by one doctor I was imaging it because I didn't have obvious things like cancer it was awful sent my blood pressure up to 240 and I'm only tiny! I hope you carry on to get support and thank you again for your advise it means so much being able to relate my problems to people when I'm like this so I'll be posting in a few months time helping everyone else and be better again! Thanks again x
    • Posted

My fingers are crossed for you babe xx I only got help when I moved to Wales nhs Wales are far better the England sounds bizarre to say I know but they had me re scanned in July and consultant pre op etc and operation by 20 Nov xx bloody brilliant xx I'm just waiting on biopsy results now xx and a follow up appointment xx good luck sweet keep us posted xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.