is goat milk ok for gastritis/reflux?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, I know dairy has to be avoided for gastritis/reflux. Can we use goat milk instead?I have been drinking store bought almond/ coconut milk but is it safe to try goat milk?

I do have homemade yoghurt (from 2% organic milk) without any problems.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know people that drink it and they are fine. The best way is to track what you are currently eating and then if you are not currently getting any reflux add the goats milk, give it a week or two and see if you start getting effects from it. It's trial an error for a lot of people.
  • Posted

Try Lactofree milk.... I alternate between that and Soya milk and drink at least a pint a day. The Lactofree has never given me any trouble and the diahorea caused by normal milk has ceased since. I am not a fan of the nut milks...they are a bit of a fad and so full of additives and sugars and oils etc that are labeled healthy but not...
  • Posted

Generally goats milk is better tolerated as it is nearer to human milk. Goats dont get fed loads of antibiotics.

I switched to goats milk a while ago but then I got tested and found that I was not intolerant to lactose but casein and whey. No milk at all for me LOL. I have coconut milk now for smoothies, otherwise I drink green tea. My dr said you need to leave off milk for between 2-4 weeks to see any benefit. I think it depends how much you consume regularly as to how long you need to leave off it. If you drink lots every day I would leave it for 4 weeks. If you only have a small amount in drinks then 2 shoul be ok

• Posted

You could see if you can get A2 milk. This seems to have none of the nasties that set us refluxers off. I am +4 lactose intolerant yet handle A2 with zero problems - full fat as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.