Is he dying from pancreatitis ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, my husband just came back from the hospital were they have kept him for 4 days. ...I'm not next to him...He is in America and I am in France ....Our only way of communicating is by the phone, he is 68 years old, he doesn't drink anymore....He suffered for a week before going to see his doctor who sent him to the hospital, ...He is telling me that he will be okay. ..I don't believe it because he sounds very weak. ....One day he told me that he had a surgery. ..The next day he said that he had no surgery. ... He is out of the hospital for 2 days now. ...I just had the chance to see him on Skype. ....He can barely breath! He looks so weak and sick.....I wonder what is happening to him? Will he be okay? Will I lose him? ??!!! ...He only tell me that he has pancreatitis. ...he doesn't say more. ....I worry. ...Please tell me what you think about this. ....Please. ..

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Call the hospital and ask what happened to him.
    • Posted

Hi,

I called the hospital, they said that they can't tell me on the phone because they were not sure about who I am.

• Posted

You really do not have enough information determine how bad off he is.  Pancreatitis can be a very serious life threatening ailment or he can have this one attack and hopefully not repeat this!  If he was only hospitalized for 4 days he must not be critical at this time.  It is imperative that he not drink alcohol anymore and eat very small low fat meals.  Can you contact his physician?  I'm so sorrry   you must be worried sick.  Hope you can get some more info, keep us posted
    • Posted

Hello, Thank you for your reply

yes if I wasn't THAT worried I would never post this question in public.

Anyway. ....I will try to have the phone number of his doctor, if at the hospital they don't tell me. ...maybe his doctor will.

It's just how he spend the day sleeping and how he looked like on Skype. ....my god! I cried when I saw him. ....so weak. ....no he never drinks. ......He use to when he came back from war but it's been 20 years now since he last drank alcohol.

....that's all I know. ....I .....I hope for the best.

• Posted

Hospitals here in the U.S. will not discharge someone until their conditions improve in fear of being sued for malpractice. He is most likely doing well, just tired.

• Posted

Hello again, it's me, ....I have some news. .

We Just Talked. ...His doctor want to send him to a nursery home. ....I worry. ...he looks so sick. ....he want to go to the nursery home himself ...I don't understand. ...I am just worried about his wellness. ...will he be ok? Will he come back to me?

Thank you for your answers. ...They mean so much to me.

Love.

Lola

• Posted

often it is suggested that patients that are too ill to go home but not ill enough for the hospital go to a nursing facility for recuperation.  They can also perform physical therapy if he is weak and has trouble walking etc.  it doesnt necesarily been a cause for great alarm.

You might speak with the director of the nursing home to see what the course of treatment entails. Good luck  

• Posted

Ok, I will ask for the phone number of that place,

thank you for your answer. ...it's a little light to hear someone else opinion when our soul is darkened by worries.

Have a good day.

• Posted

He passed away.

The pain i am feeling is terrible.

• Posted

oh my gosh I am so sorry!  I lost my husband Mar 20, 2015 to this awful disease.  You have my sincere condolences and I pray for you and your family.  My heart breaks for you.

Your friend  Jeannie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.