Is HETEROGENEOUS Thyroid normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just received my TSH blood test and its 96 (Norm .5-5.5). 

Got thyroid ultrasound and it said: 

The right lobe of the thyroid measures 5.6 x 2.4 x 1.9 cm and is heterogeneous. 

The thyroid isthmus measures 7 mm. 

The left lobe of the thyroid measures 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.8 cm and is heterogeneous.

PROMINENT HETEROGENEOUS THYROID GLAND WITHOUT FOCAL NODULE.

My doc put me on Levothryoidcine 50 and will do other blood tests in six weeks.  He Said my ultrasound is normal.

is my thyroid enlarged? Isn't 96 very high?  Should I request a endocrinologist?  I have terrible symptoms and after all the non/misdiagnoses am ready to get some relief!

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi looked up my chart online havent seen my doc yet was wondering what I am looking forward to with these results

INDICATION: Assess for nodule on right versus Grave's disease. Patient with born without left side of thyroid.

COMPARISON: Nuclear Medicine thyroid scan 07/19/2017.

TECHNIQUE: Ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland is performed.

FINDINGS: The left thyroid lobe is not identified. The right lobe measures 5.3 x 2.2 x 2.1 cm. Heterogeneous appearance of the right lobe is seen. Multiple small subcentimeter nodules are identified. The largest is seen inferiorly measuring 7 x 4 x 6 mm. Two other smaller lower pole nodules are also seen. No suspicious dominant mass identified.

• Posted

Question: I just received my results from my ultrasound of my thyroid and wanted to know if I should be worried or if this is normal.

findings: The thyroid is heterogeneous in echotexture bilaterally.  The right lobe of the thyroid measures 4.4x1.7x1.4 with multiple modules, largest 3 measured: Multiple nodules are identified in the right lobe are as follows: 1) Upper pole, 8x4x6 mm, solid, heterogeneous., 2) Interpolar - 8x4x7mm, cystic 3)Interpolar, 2.2x0.9x1.3 cm, solid with cystic components.

The left lobe of thyroid measures 5.6x1.5x1.7 cm with multiple nodules: Multiple nodules are identified in the left lobe are as follows 1) Upper pole, 5.2x4 mm, cystic with debris Upper pole, 4x3x4 mm, cystic with bright echo 3) lower pole, 3.3x1.9x1.9 cm (may be 2 adjacent nodules), solid , heterogeneous.

The isthmus measures 3mm

impression 1) the thyroid gland is enlarged and heterogeneous in echogenicity. 2) There are indeterminate nodules in both thyroid lobes 3) there are benign cystic nodules in both thyroid lobes.

Please advise if I should be concerned or is my thyroid normal.  Do I need to see a endocrinology or can my family doctor assist?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.