Is hrt the best thing for treating my peri menopause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 48,still having periods (although changing) and no hot flushes yet, but I'm constantly anxious, get lots of headaches, extremely irritable and can't concentrate. My doctor said earlier that she would prescription hrt, but wanted me to look it up first. Please help xxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Shona

your symptoms are the same as mine was but before I chose HRT I tried black cohosh tablets which I got initially from Boots and then bought on Amazon. They took about 2 weeks to get in to my system and these coupled with exercise seemed to do the trick. After 18 months, I started to get hot flushes and brain fog and irritability over simple things, so was prescribed HRT as the black cohosh was no longer working. Hope my answer helps.

• Posted

Thanks very much for your reply. All the information is quite confusing. But all I need is something to try and make me feel human again. Will look the tablets up now. Thanks again xxx
  • Posted

Menopause is the number one condition associated with women and aging, and the symptoms linked to this mid-life change can be quite devastating for some females. Some doctors (typically gynecologists) are quick to recommend some form of estrogen or estrogen/progesteronetherapy while others (especially holistic practitioners) often suggest natural herbs and supplements.
    • Posted

Hiya Mike,

I understand it's a very complex issue, but I think I'm going to try hrt. Just got to wait another four weeks for my doctors appointment grrr xx

• Posted

Menopause is the number one condition associated with women and aging, and the symptoms linked to this mid-life change can be quite devastating for some females. Some doctors (typically gynecologists) are quick to recommend some form of estrogen or estrogen/progesteronetherapy while others (especially holistic practitioners) often suggest natural herbs and supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.