Is HSV 1 really a big deal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a lip problem just about 3 days ago and people online said i might have oral herpes. I am going to see a doctor in a week just to make sure but also i've been looking up more info about oral herpes.

It says that more than half of the population in the US have HSV 1 and around 70-80% globally. also as long as it does not spread to other places like eyes or genital, all it does is giving cold sores around lips occasionally like once or twice a year or many monthly who knows.

I dont know. after reading all these info and articles, i am not as freaked out as I should be.

What are your thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have oral hsv1 had it since my teens i dont get break outs that often not had one for a couple of years now the longer u have it the less often u get any sores i usually dont get them unless my immune system is a big low like if iv been ill with flu or something its been no big deal to me hasnt effected my life in anyway

• Posted

no big deal. i have it since childhood. do you have pics of what your lip looked like?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.