Is inconsistent vision post cataract surgey normal?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm three months post cataract surgery and things are pretty good. I'm a bit myopic, but that I can deal with. My bigger issue is that my vision is not consistent and sometimes during the day it's a lot worse than other times. This mostly impacts my distance vision, but on rare occasions it also impacts my near vision. Drops don't help things at all. The one constant is if I am watching TV and dose off for a little bit, after I wake up my vision is always at it's best. So my layman diagnosis is that my eyes are just getting tired, which wouldn't surprise me since I stare at screens most of the day. However, I'm wondering if this is normal or if there could be something else going on here. If it is normal, would it likely improve?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've now noticed that it seems to get worse the more I need to focus my eyes on different subjects. At first I thought it was bc the lens may be moving around, but could that really be the case with both lenses? It's also possible that it's taking me longer to heal since I'm a type 2 diabetic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.