Is increased head pain and pressure when bending down normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had posted this in the headache category originally, but now I'm thinking it may actually be a migraine because I have a slight sensitivity to sound too. I woke up this morning with what I assumed was a tension headache (which may actually be a migraine): aching neck, headache on one side of head and behind one eye, slight nausea. But when I bend over or move my head too fast, the pain and pressure increases a bit on one part of my head. I was just wondering if this is normal in tension headaches, and if not, is it usual with other headache or migraine types?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alle, yes, it could be a migraine(sensitivity, one sided, AM headache & etc..)but, it is something a Dr. must diagnose to be sure it isnt something else, some of your other symptoms can fit other illnesses/headaches..if it happened before & went away, or happens again, it could be Migraines. If this is the FIRST one, has been going on for more than 12 hours, your pain/symptoms get worse(your pain increases, slurring words, lose vision, consciousness or have vertigo, or if you are vomiting, get dehydrated & etc) you should see a Dr. ASAP. The pressure you are talking about can happen in Migraine(as dilated blood vessels cause them and it can give you that feeling of pressure) it could be a sinus issue(pressure behind eye, not usually one eye but, possible & neck ache) could be from a cold or flu, (so headache can be from an illness & illnesses can TRIGGER a Migraine) check for swollen glands & check your temperature... nausea can be from many things. Something that CAN BE concerning is the neck pain which isnt typical from a Migraine but, could be coincidental(slept oddly) tension headaches for sure can be caused by neck pain, technically you can have tension & migraine, does your neck hurt when you try to touch your chin to your chest?(this is a symptom to watch for with more serious illnesses like meningitis but, usually sensitivity to light & fever, nausea get severe) if it DOES, go in ASAP(this is not as likely but, some symptoms fit, one-sided however is more typical of Migraine)that is WHY it's important to physically see someone & get a diagnosis, to ease anxiety if it happens again & be sure it is nothing serious for peace of mind & to get effective treatment...If in ANY way you have concerns it is better to SEE THE DR....if he/she diagnoses Migraine there are meds for nausea, prevention, active treatments, ways to search for triggers & etc... to manage them. If it isnt a Migraine & you treat your symptoms, you could end up masking the true cause of your problem(meaning the symptoms will go away but, the REASON will not get figured out) talk to them about solutions for tension headaches as well, you could prevent or lessen a chronic issue...I wish you all the best & hope you get better quickly๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’• happy to answer any Questions, any time๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

Hello! Thank you SO MUCH for replying!! Thankfully, when I woke up the morning after posting this it was gone! I'm still not sure if it was a migraine or tension headache, but your message really helped assure and calm me until it was over! ๐Ÿ’–

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.