is is herpes? chancroid? or just what the doctor said? what is it!!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

help!! exactly one week ago i had unprotected sex with the guy ive been dating for the first time. it was so stupid because it was only for maybe a minute before he put on a condom. the next day i had some discomfort but i didnt think much of it because i hadnt had sex in a long time until the following day i was in pain and i decided to take a picture to see what was going on down there. i was shocked because i had never experienced something like that. it didnt actually hurt when i pee but if some pee would get on the blisters it would sting and when i would wipe it would sting as well. i was having some foul smellig discharge as well. i finally went to the hospital because i couldnt take it and they ran tests and the doctor checked me down there and he told me it was a vaginal tear from rough sex so he sent me on antibiotics which im  currently on. it has gotten better and it doesnt hurt anymore but in the back of my mind i have my doubts only because i started googling my symptoms and pictures andit has me freaked out. i will post the first day and how it currently looks bt please i need opinions the first one is how i currently am ( i got my period in the middle of all of it)

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Your best bet is to go see a sexual health doctor or nurse.  As they will be able to diagnose better.    The foul smelling discharge could be caused by a few stds or could simply be bacterial vaginosis  but that wouldn’t account for the blisters.  So I would suggest visiting a clinic   All the best. 
  • Posted

I would go back and get them swabbed just to be sure because blisters in this area can be a raise for concern. Please let us know how it goes x
  • Posted

I have genital herpes, I’m a female, this is what mine looked like. 

Did you have an flu like symptoms??

It looks like herpes. You should go to the er and tell them you think you have herpes , and they will check you for that. 

• Posted

No I didn’t have flu symptoms before nor do i have it right now,  I just woke up like that the next day. They did a bunch of tests and the doctor took a look down there when I went to the hospital and he just said it was a tear & he put me on antibiotics & it has gotten so much better. Doesn’t hurt anymore and the bumps are gone.

• Posted

That’s odd. 

Did you notice any razor bump type bumps down there prior to the sores? 

• Posted

I usually always get razor bumps down there so I don’t know if it’s that. I’ve been super upset over this, nothing will be the same anymore I feel. 
    • Posted

Also how did yours look like when they healed? 
    • Posted

If it is herpes , don’t beat yourself up about it. Literally 80% of the population has it, some get outbreaks, some don’t. It’s taken me 3 months to accept it and come to terms with it. It personally looks like herpes. If you can personally messsge me I can send you pictures of what mine looked like. 

After they healed there was a couple scars left behind but nothing noticeable 

• Edited

i know this has been a while, but i figured id give my experience for some of the lurkers who are having a similar problem. This photo looks almost exactly like what i had at the beginning, and got considerably worse without proper treatment. i was very worried it was syphilis. Of course with anything in the genital area we should all get STI testing done, even without signs if you have had unprotected sex or multiple partners. However mine all showed up negative.

It was looking considerable worse every 5 hours so i was very worried it was progressing to something very bad before i received my blood test results, potentially a flesh eating bacteria. i received new antibiotics to take and it thankfully quickly started improving. With all my negative results, i now believe that it was potentially chancroid. Apparently rare in most more 'developed' countries but not unheard of. This is an STI that is easily treated with antibiotics, and often mistaken for syphilis or herpes. it could appear different on everyone as we all have different anatomy but on me it started out as what just looked like a tear, the next day it got very swollen with greyish thick discharge. it hurt when i peed but it was also unbearably painful when i rinsed it with water. by day three it started looking like it was spreading, it was not uniform in shape, it was looking pale on the inside of the sore with a noticeable red border. this is when i started seeking treatment, the first urgent care didnt do an exam only gave me yeast infection meds. this felt wrong to me so i went to a new clinic the next day. i did a full std panel and i tested positive for bacterial vaginosis which i had had the previous month, but that didn't explain the sores. they issued me new meds which is when i started seeing improvements. Moral of the story, seek treatment, get tested, and most importantly advocate for yourself. If something seems wrong do everything you can to get adequate help. but also, dont have unprotected sex even if you are on birth control. pregnancy is not the only thing you need to protect yourself from, and i took that for granted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.