Is it a blip?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, ive been on 20mg of citalopram for over a year now, i thought i was nearly recovered but this past week ive been struggling. i feel really anxious around tea time ish, and feel like im going to throw up and other side effects of anxiety. i havent been to work for the past week due to booking a holiday so i havent really been out of the house much so not sure if thats why im feeling this way again or whether im having a blip or these tablets have stopped working. advice would be wonderful

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bethany, I would monitor for another week or so and if still no improvement, then its definitely worth speaking your doctor, in case the meds could have stopped working. Even so, these cannot solve all our problems, I think of them as a support. Could being off work and being stuck indoors contributed to how you are feeling?

• Posted

i will do that ill go back to work and give it a week to see how i feel. i think it could be some of the reason like usually on my two days off if i dont go out of the house i feel a little down, i think i need to have my mind occupied and when i dont this happens. im hoping thats the reason anyway its the nicest one id rather it be that than theyve stopped working

• Posted

Hi Bethanie,

Its Kyle we spoke a little in discussions last year and you really helped me in the past to deal with my anxiety. You are probably over the holiday and back at work and whatnot but I just saw this and I feel as if I can relate to it soooooo much

I just went on a 2 day break to York with my friend, meeting my friend who goes to University there. I was fine getting the train, being on the train and going around for the first day. However the second day something came over me and I was filled with the most severe anxiety and panic I have had since my initial breakdown in 2017. I am getting almost psychotic and paranoid, worried about being sectioned and carted to a mental hospital, I keep getting thoughts that my friend is siphoning my good energy like one of those dementors from Harry Potter as stupid as it sounds but I am actually having a hard time dismissing the thought.

I have had a very.. different year. I found new music, made a couple new friends (although I think they are taking advantage of me as of recently) and I retired from one of my hobbies I had for just over a year which I used to give my mind a sense of work (I managed a virtual currency for a company and all transactions alongside education) when I was in a bad way.

I am asking myself that question: Is it a blip? and honestly the frequency of the posts asking this it is very very likely a blip but it is so hard to believe it when you are placed in the middle as I believe it is so much worse than it was. I almost put myself on the train tracks but thinking of my family and my friend who was with me at the time stopped me.

The year I had was wild and I learnt things both good and bad. I experimented with some drugs that I am now off such as MDMA, Cannabis, Nitrous Oxide and even considered LSD and Ketamine. I think I was just trying to 'be a teenager' as I was so worried my life was slipping away from me and I was desperate. I also have done positive things like upgraded my computer and set up that I enjoy as well as bought new clothes, and I did get through my ESA medical if I mentioned it, which was a weight off my shoulders.

I really hope you are well as you were a massive help in getting me out of a severe case of anxiety and I hope all is well

Take care,

Kyle

• Posted

Hi Kyle, i was wondering how you was getting on as you were also a massive help to me at the start. 6 months on and im having another 'blip' or whatever, so ive made the decision to come off these tablets as i might as well be anxious and have an extra £10 a month not paying for the prescription, i also just dont think theyre working for me it cant be normal having blips when ive been on them for nearly 2 years right. ive been where you are thinking im gonna have to go into a mental hospital which obviously makes you panic more ive had the worst thoughts possible like im gonna harm the people around me but i promise your not 'mental' its honestly the anxiety trying to work against you it will do anything to hurt you and tear you down so your easier to make anxious if that makes sense. lifes all about ups and downs there is always going to be horrible times and the best times, please remember you are young and you have the best and happiest times ahead of you. i think if my niece hadnt of been born i wouldnt be here anymore she gives me something to focus on i have to be ok for her as shes learning new things everyday and i want to make sure she has the easier most happy life. please let me know how your getting on? and if you ever feel terrible or like you need someone to talk to just message me ill be here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.