Is it a Good Idea to Try Prosure Plus to Gain Weight with IBS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

i have been suffering from IBS for the past 1.3 year. I had gas, abdominal cramps and I lost 15Kg weight in the mean time. 

I am 5.4 feet and my weight is now 40Kg. I am super thin. Most of my symtoms have subsided but I think I poop too much (normal though), i mean I think i have a fast metabolism so my body is not absorbing the nutrients. 

So, is it a good idea to start Prosure Plus to gain some weight back? Anyone here tried it before? Any other alternative to help me gain some weight back. 

I am feeling desperate and helpless. Please suggest.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb, There is nothing bad in trying any supplements, I personally don't use supplements except vitamins and some minerals....I also lost around 15 pounds before I diagnosed with IBS, But As I was diagnosed and then I knew what problem did I have then slowly with diet changes I gained 20 pounds...Well along with the formula you make sure you add proper amount of carbs, fats and proteins in your diet...Taking dietician's advice is not a bad Idea as I took it in my case...One thing which is most important is you provide your gut with the good bacteria like probiotics or yogurt to help you to digest the food what you eat and exercise regularly as if you are consuming more proteins it should be used in your muscle building and increase muscle mass.

• Posted

thanks a lot for your reply. It means a lot to me. I was becoming depressed that it is impossible to gain weight. Your reply helped me gain some level of confidence. 
    • Posted

can you please post your diet chart here so that I can follow please
    • Posted

Hi deb, Sure I will post my diet chart, Just want to let you know that I am a vegetarian. So my chart will be according to thatlol
  • Posted

Hi, try Chia seeds, soak 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds in a glass of water for about an hour, stir well add juice for taste stir well and drink, repeat about 3 or 4 times per day, chia seeds are full of soluble fibre which is said to slow transit time, they also contain nutrients and minerals, they need soaking in water, they become glutinous, very easy to drink down, check them out online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.