Is it a nerve disease ??? or due to stress??? or vitamin deficiencies ??

Posted , 7 users are following.

my emg, nerve conduction test are attached one neuro said he is unsure second said its due to stress and anxiety.... other results showed vitamin d,calcium folic acid and ferretin defeciency while i have been suffereing from insomnia and on and off anxiety for 2 years... please help me out with this.. symptons  ( numbness, tingling burning feeling in hand and feet,mild constipation and muscle twitching)........

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you got the printed results for vit D tests etc? How deficient are you? If you are deficient, were supplements suggested?
    • Posted

I am taking Indrop D ( vitamin D injection on weekly basis) while B12 also both for five weeks..... while I my self got test for ferretin and folic acid both came low. My iron came 31 microg/dl ( Normal range is 50-170).... 
    • Posted

Your Vit D is pretty low and B12. What is your diet like? I must admit I have been prescribed folic acid and vit D, but my B12 is OK. I do eat a lot of green veg particularly spinach. 
    • Posted

I have now started eating leafy green food i hardly took milk for last 3 years.....
  • Posted

I think.most of us are low in vitamin d I now take d3 10,000iu as even when docs put me on higher levels of it they still stayed low and vitamin d deficiency can cause all kinds of problems. The other thing though is that certain diseases can stop us absorbing vitamins, so further tests should be done, an MRI, as I am now awaiting, if only to rule out certain conditions. Did they do neuro tests for clonus? I cant see those pictures what are they?
    • Posted

Nerve condictioning test which came normal while EMG test said early neurogeneic changes require another EMG after six months to confirm anything..... Neuro is putting all this on my anxiety and depression
    • Posted

neuro said my physical inspection shows no sign of any diease... Apparently i look ok..... so that y he is putting it on anxiety
    • Posted

Did they tell you what the vit d level was? B12 seems to be another common one for being low.

I don't understand what's going on. I ended up buying b12 pills too cos they said it was "on the cusp" . My iron levels were low too. I would say if all if those are low it's not anxiety alone. They should be finding out why they are.all.low. Clonus is what they discovered I have after doing neuro tests, testing reflexes, Hoffman's test, the foot one that I cant remember the name. Anyway clonus was diagnosed and now I have to have another brain scan and see a neurologist. Have they done Ana blood test to see whether you have an auto immune disease?

• Posted

Vitamin D was 10ng/ml while B12 195 folic acid 3.3 ( range 3-20) and iron just 31 ( 50-200 range) neuro did not tell me any reason why they are low....Nop no ana blood test is suggested uptill now....
    • Posted

They should be looking into why they are so low! Where are you? Ana test should be able to be done
    • Posted

It is available I am from Pakistan..... Gave the sample today will get the reuslts on Monday.... Fingers crossed....and on Tuesday have appointment with my neuro lets c what he says........ 
    • Posted

Should i be seeing a gastrologist for these low minerals
    • Posted

I would wait till you have had blood results back. Good luck, hope you get to the cause!
    • Posted

Result came okbiggrin saw the report online...... Now I have brain MRI clear, ANA clear, ECG clear, Sugar, Pottasium, Magnesium level clear, Uric Acid clear.....

Things agianst me ( Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Iron and Vitamin D defeciency) while EMG suggesting early neurogenic changes while Nerve conditioning test came ok.......  

• Posted

My next visit with neuro will tell more about whats happening with me i guess..... Lets c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.