Is it a pancreas disorder ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Yesterday my stool was yellowish... Today it was light brown/greenish but it was floating.

It was not greasy but it's smelled bad (but not as bad as a diarrhea)... but some poo was stuck on the toilet.

And suddenly, this afternoon i had a sharp pain on my upper back, on the front (epigastric) and all around my rib cage. It stopped when i started to fart (i'm serious...) The pain lasted only a few minutes.

I checked my symptoms on google and it really looks like a pancreas disorder... and i'm really worried.

I'll try to have an appointment as soon as possible but does it looks like something serious ?

How long does a pancreas's pain last ?

right now i'm feeling okay but i'm worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Stool color depends on what you eat.

Gas in your GI tract can cause lots of pain, that's only relieved when you pass it.

Have you lost a lot of weight? My GI looked at my weight. For years it was relatively flat and stable. Then it was like it dropped off a cliff, straight down from my normal 225lbs to 195lbs in ten months. Weight loss is a sign of pancreatic problems.

Anyway, did you make an appointment with your PCP? If necessary, they'll refer you to a Gastroenterologist.

They'll do various diagnostic tests. I had plenty! From CT scans, to collecting my poop overca week, to an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. All were normal. Finally he ordered a fecal fat test. That showed an over abundance of undigested fat in my poop. A sure sign of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, or EPI.

To treat it I now take pancreatic enzymes with every meal. The one I take is called Zenpep. And its expensive. With my insurance I only pay $50 copay per month. Without insurance it costs $4500. per month. You read that right - Four thousand Five hundred dollars for a month's supply!

See your Doctors before worrying too much. Good luck! .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.