Is it a partial blockage?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since friday i've been having sharp pain that come and goes right below the stomach where my doc says it's narrowed and will need surgery, but i still have some bowel movements, less than usual. I dont know if i should go to the hispital or not?

Thank you for your advice

Annie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annie

Very simalar to me a few weeks ago I had been having severe pain in my stomach on and off for a couple of month's Went to a&e ended up in hospital for a week. Had mri I scan and found two narrowings one with scar tissue . Was on IV steroids for five days and on 40 mg prednisolene reducing to 0 over 18 weeks. Pain has settled down bowel habits still unpredictable. Also doctor has put me on a low residue diet for the time being to help smooth flow of food through my bowel. Already on humira and azathioprine b12 injections. Don't suffer in silence go see your doctor and get help. You probably need some short term treatment in till your surgery..

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you glynn for youre advice. That's what they had to do back in november, iv steroids, antibiotics, for a week in hospital, and after that they found out that 18cm was very narrowed. Im on humira too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.