Is it a period?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm 37 and up until now my periods have been the exact same every month and to the day. I was due on but it's not like a period, there's only brown when I wipe (tmi) and no use for sanitary products. Any help much appreciated .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you ever figure out the cause of this or have your periods gone back to normal since? I am kind of having a similar experience. I am 32 and in November, my period was lighter than usual and my periods have always had a regular flow. But this period from november only lasted 2 days with not really much blood. It would be only in the mornings when i would first go to the bathroom that there would be enough blood to turn the water bloody but after that not much blood. So I am curious if you ever found out what was happening with yours.

• Posted

Brown means that the period is on a late cycle. Like every discharge in the human body, the period can become trapped, or late in discharge, and in turn changes colour because of latency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.