is it a UTI or Candida ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a very confused young 25 year old male, as there is so much to read on the internet about what I could have so I'll just tell you my symptoms.

I am having discomfort in the area above my pubic bone, sometimes pain at the end of urination, I feel like I need to pee even after just peeing, I get a tingling sensation on my testicles and perineum (area between testicles and anus) mostly when I'm laying down. I think I'm not emptying my bladder fully, as I'm peeing a lot. 

this all started after sex I believe, I have had unprotected anal and vaginal sex with woman this year, and oral too. and the symptoms started 1 or 2 days after having sex in June. 

my mum told me it sounds like Cystits, it makes sense for it to be a uti but some people have also said it could be Candida. The woman at the health food store told me that Cystits is Candida ? Its not itchy, I'm circumcised so its clean. I feel fine apart from this groin discomfort/urine issue and tingling sensations I'm having.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Best choice is to see your physician for tests.  If it's a UTI, and left untreated, ypur kidneys could be damaged.  If it's Candida, it's basically a yeast infection.  There are over the counter treatments available for yeats infections which can be as simple as taking one pill.

However, when something is wrong (and we all know our bodies better than anyone else), I always err on the side of caution and see my doctor.

• Posted

Yeah I have already seen my doctor and will get my urine and stool tests results back on Monday

Already got checked for stds and it was all negative.

• Posted

Hi there, Cystitis and Candida are not the same thing.  Cystitis is inflammation of the bladder which can be caused by UTI which is an infection anywhere in the urinary tract, this is caused by a high growth of bacteria and it is possible that it would be e-coli bacteria, the only way to find this out is going to a doctor or walk in clinic and ask for a urine culture, they will do a urinalysis which will show if there is white blood count, or nitrates (bacteria) in urine, if this shows abnormal results they will usually follow with a culture to find out what bacteria is causing it and prescribe an antibiotic accordingly.    Candida is a yeast infection, it can cause similar symptoms as a uti especially in women, usualy it causes burning, itching, white cottage cheese discharge, it is usually treated with over the counter medication.  The only way to rule out what it is, is going to a doctor.  Having unprotected sex can cause other STD's and STI's no matter how clean you or your parter is these germs are microscopic, but can cause a lot of issues and discomfort.

• Posted

It sounds like it could be a UTI. In the mean time, drink a lot of water to help flush it out of your system. It will make peeing much easier. Try drinking cranberry juice (sugar free, no additives, pure) along with it. I have had reoccuring UTIs for months and this helps me get through them.
    • Posted

yes I think it might be a UTI but not sure, its hard to tell, apparently men can get yeast infection in the prostate so it could be that. I'll just have to wait until Monday and see what my urine results are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.