Is it acid reflux or heart attack symptoms??! I'm being paranoid everyday!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. Almost everyday I feel numbness and pain in my left arm. Followed by back pain, then pain at the bottom of my left ribcage. I f also body weakness, dizziness, and random chest pains anytime of the day. My anxiety has been over the top already. I don't know what else to do. I can't go out because of lock down. I don't know what to eat or drink. Anyone feels the same symptoms and what are the best ways to prevent and cure this. I don't want to be weak for the rest of my life! Please help me!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

hi jovee, my advice would be to phone your doctor and explain your symptoms over the phone and the anxiety you feel. that we are all in very strange times is an understatement and would cause most of us to be anxious. sometimes when too much info comes on the news i just switch off and relax. i also have the theory that each day that passes is another day nearer to some normality. maybe your symptoms are due to anxiety or maybe you need to be tested for acid reflux . in the meantime try to relax this virus wont be around forever. good luck👍

• Posted

Thanks Joseph for replying to my post. I have an anxiety disorder and I was also diagnosed already before with GERD. Most of the time I'm aware that its an acid attack whenever my chest starts to hurt but then at the back of my mind I keep on thinking what if its a heart attack already? I mean yeah I'm just 30 years old but I know heart attack knows no age. I started to feel bad again after quite sometime when lockdown began on March. All the body aches and pains and acid attacks it all suddenly came out. I feel so helpless now.

• Posted

Go to your doctor and get checked out. They can very quickly determine if its heart related. Reflux does cause chest and back pain Are you on medication for it? ppi's?

• Posted

Are you taking any medication that could be giving you side effects like the symptoms you are having? Like blood thinners for example? Certain deficiencies can give you numbness like vitamin b12 or vitamin D. Everyone has been advised to take vitamin d at the moment because we aren't going outside as much and it helps keep your immune system strong to help fight viruses. You should maybe get a full set of bloods done, including blood sugar, vitamin levels and thyroid. Costochondritis could be the cause of your symptoms as well. You said you can't go out at all because of lockdown, does that mean you are in the extremely vulnerable category? Even vulnerable people are allowed out now and were allowed to go to the doctors or hospital if they needed to for blood tests, chemo, etc before.

• Posted

I was prescribed Omeprazole+Sodium Bicarbonate (Risek Insta) 20mg for 2 weeks but I stopped it because of too many side effects (dizziness, mental confusion, difficulty unirating, pelvic pain). And now I'm feeling left upper epigastric pain instead of just the normal middle chest part heartburn. I'm not even sure what's happening inside my body now. These all started after announcing the lockdown. Oh but the GERD was way way before (18 years old)

• Posted

If this is all after the lockdown, I am going to say anxiety will probably play a part, but also you could have vitamin d deficiency if you are not going out at all. I would strongly advise you to take vitamin d supplements and ask your doctor about the blood tests I suggested. You could also have a bit of gastritis. Avoid alcohol, sugar, spicy food, fatty foods, carbonated drinks, caffeine and acidic foods for a week to see if it helps your symptoms.

• Edited

so often gastric pains are the same as heart attack symptoms I suffer gastric problems and I too have had the same as you I doubt very much its tour heart change your diet keep a food log see if you can find triggers foods drinks that may cause the problems I have a hiatus hernia which can cause these problems alot of ppl have them there very common but unlessyou see a gi doc and have the camera put down you wont know I hope this helps

• Posted

I also have low b12 caused by pernicious anima and have a b12 jab every ten weeks and i have costochondritis which I think is because of my fibromyalgia and I had a very very low vit d

• Posted

Hi everyone. Just an update on my symptoms. Anyone here felt a pain on left upper abdomen? I'm scheduled for ultrasound this Saturday. My anxiety level is undeniably high at this moment. Reading online posts is just adding to it. At least in forums its first hand information from real patients. Thank you for your replies to my post. Appreciated it a lot. I hope we all get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.