Is it anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am a 40 year old male, have been suffering from anxiety and panick attacks for quite some time now.. They were getting better but lately I was feeling a bit " off" " strange" and as well with some really strong phisical sympthoms that made me go to the dr to make sure and check that there was nothing wrong with my phisical health, all brain, heart, blood tests came back fine, all normal.

Today for example I was walking nice and slow in the park with my dogs, and all of the sudden I went really dizzy, " funny" " unwell" had to stop and seat down and them make my way home as I wasn't feeling fine, since them today my head feels fuzzy, light headed, minor dizzy, not unwell but not 100% well. Phone Dr but not appoiment left for SEVERAL days!!

Anyone know could this be my anxiety, panick? Really don't know what to do but is making me really low mood.. Any help much appreciated

Thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jose, 

I dont experience many physical symptoms myself but have seen ALOT of posts on here regarding light headedness and fuzzy head. Have a read through the threads for reassurance. 

In regards to what you can do, you are taking responsibility for yourself by coming on here and trying to get an appointment with your Dr, which is everything you can be doing. Try not to worry about that x 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thanks for your response, the Trueth is I had sympthoms " similar " to this b4 but today for some reason felt really different . I know anxieti comes out of the blue but I got scared today cause it did not feel like a normal episode of anxiety, felt more like if something was wrong.. Wich obviously wasn't as I am " fine " now..

Well I will have to wait for Dr app. Is just feling like this is so debilitating I could actually cry..

Once again, thanks for reading and replying 

• Posted

I am having the exact type of day. You seems to have anxiety over your health, mine is anxiety over my mental health thinking is it something more than anxiety when it is not. I feel like having a cry. I hope we get it resolved! x 
    • Posted

Yes I think you are right, seem to be anxiety over my health, sometimes also over my mental health, thinking my fears, panic and anxiety will never cure.. 

Certainly not nice that we both having this kind of day! Perhaps a good cry will help us! 

Hope you will feel better Soon and we will get it resolved!

• Posted

hi jose,

did you eat before you went for the walk.  Maybe it was the body saying you were hungry and had low blood sugar.  If you think it is more serious like a stroke try smiling and see if your face is symmetrical.  If it is then probably not stroke.  count backwards from 10 to 1 to test also.  If at all worried about the latter go to the hospital and get a scan to see.

Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard, yes I had a big breaky as always, I think it deff was anxieti, had brain scans in past and all fine.. 

Thanks for your reply and hopefully it's nothing serious 

• Posted

hi jose....i've had the same experience....the physical symptoms i most often experience are dizziness/feeling off-balance (almost as though i'm walking on the deck of a moving boat) and "fuzzy-headed"....as you said, not unwell, exactly, but certainly not well....i've had all the tests done as well, and all clear on that front....so my guess would be that you had some sort of anxiety "flash" (clearly not a medical opinion, as i'm not a doctor). i've been struggling on and off for the last eighteen months, and one of the most frustrating aspects of this ride has been when the symptoms go away (or at least subside) for awhile and then return, seemingly out of the blue....somehow, even though i've felt them before, they scare me as much (if not more) than they did the first time i felt them, which makes me anxious, which makes them worse...i wish i had some good advice to offer, but the best i can say is try to not worry and definitely see your doctor if you feel it's appropriate....we're all here for you!
    • Posted

Hi weary kitty thanks for your email, I know I will go to dr again! And for example today feeling fine.. So have to wait and see.. Hope your feeling good too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.