is it anxiety ? ive had no answers and am going threw many test please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi i am 23 years old married mother of two.

2 weeks ago i was cooking dinner when i felt light headed and blacked out when i came too i was shaking with body tremors and fast beating heart. i was taken to hospital to then be released 12 hrs later with no idea what happened. a day later i still felt horrible light headed , tired, tight chest couldnt breath and had a warm tingling sensation threw my whole body. i was put in hospital for 4 days as i was hypertensive, tachycardic low blood pressure and abnormal heart beat. they did every test possible ecg bloods chest xrays echo and everything came back normal. after reading all these symptoms alot of you have some sound like me and im thinking if it couold be anxiety? my chest is constantly tight im light headed and cant breath. !!!! i just want answers and their is no medical problem coming up on test but i feel like something is seriously wrong i feel like im having a constant heart attack. please help, i want my life back

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is classic anxiety mode 1 amy the fact is that u got that bad a scare and no clarification of what happened and stress and addition life factors have left u in a stressed state this is where anxiety is at its worst and is awful to stop this being a long term issue sort it quick either with meds or exercise or occupying your mind dont let anxiety go unoticed sort it there and then its clear u in a constant state or fight or flight
    • Posted

They have given me diazepam to help calm me but it doesn't seem to work . I wake up and instantly feel tight in the chest and light headed if I go outside I feel like I'm going to faint .
    • Posted

Hi amy sorry to hear you are feeling bad i know what its like as ive suffered the same please go and see your doc and get help, things will get better
    • Posted

May I ask what doctors did to help you Tracy ! Does it get better
    • Posted

Hi amy i went to my local docs, like you i went to A&E three times as i didnt know what was wrong with me it was awful, my doc put me om sertraline i started at 25mg then 50mg then worked my way up 100mg i am sooo much better. IT WILL GET BETTER FOR YOU i know its hard try and stay focused and try and not let your mind run away with you any questions you have i will try and help you
    • Posted

I took diazepam for 3 consecutive nights and every morning I was waking up at 5.30am with a severe panic and so I went on kalms for a week and then propranalol. My palps gave gone but thoyghts are still there
  • Posted

Hello Amy I am 22 and I am also a mother! I have suffered from post partum depression and now anxiety for over a year! I have been through the ringer and been to multiple doctors and hospitals trying to find answers! My first symptoms were chest heaviness and shortness of breath, went to a cardiologist who said it was anxiety and that my heart was perfectly fine! Next symptoms was panic attacks which caused sweating and dizziness and went to the art said I had panic attack and that I will be fine! Currently I am having chest pains and left arm numbers which is scary but I have had all the test done to prove my heart is healthy! At some point we have to believe that it really is just anxiety! Anxiety can mimic any disease and serious illness! That's why so many people end up in the ER each year because they think there having a heart attack but there not! I have also been on medication and took therapy and have gotten a lot better! Lately I've struggled because I've had a lot going on the past month! My husbands brother died at age 23 from a gun accident and my granpa passed of cancer! Anxiety can and will do all kinds of things to your body and they WONt kill you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.