is it anxiety or something else

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else constantly clear their throat and ever have throat tightness 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Could be allergies too. I have that problem and it constantly feels like there's something in the back of my throat. It's post-nasal drip. I think anxiety can cause throat tightening too though. Either way, it's probably not a serious problem. I

'm by no means a professional though [this is coming from someone who once convinced herself she had throat cancer or something because of the symptoms I just described lmao] and if it gets any worse or anything you should probably get it checked out. But I'm willing to bet it's nothing serious.

• Posted

Thank you for the reassurance for I always seems to  overthink so says my family😔

• Posted

Np! I get it completely, I have that problem too. Allergies are a very common problem and for me it felt like there was something in the back of my throat. I convinced myself it was a tumor [thanks to google, of course] and then when I finally brought it up to my parents [didn't tell them what I thought it was, just told them the symptom/s] my dad told me he has that all the time and that it's post nasal drip lmao.

I imagine it could be that with you. Or anxiety. Or acid reflux, actually. It can cause problems in your throat and with swallowing too. I have that as well and it's annoying. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between that and allergies unless it's obvious.

• Posted

post nasal drip,it is allergies
  • Posted

Omg i have that too i had it for yrs constantly clear my throat and spitting out clear flem it drives me crazy i feel like im a guy always spitting lol what do you take to help it.? Please help someone i cant stand it anymore😖

• Posted

Yes definitely the same.I wanna ask you something about this damn symptom.Do you have also pain or tingling/ stabbing sensation on frontal neck muscles while even in good mood???
    • Posted

Yes sometimes I do and when this  happens I immediately starts to  overthinking! 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply...Have u ever get checked your thyroid / blood levels or have you been on antidepresants...Mine was always normal, and no antidepresants work for my condition...
    • Posted

Yes they say my levels are normal, I've been tested twice, but I personally feel they've overlooked something. 😟

• Posted

Our souls say the same thing:They miss something.This is unfortunately so overwhelming...I have tried everything to relieve myself but nothing helps.I have an invisible wire across my neck,collar bone,someone squeezing me all the day long...All muscles on my neck both frontal and back ones are like a stone.I want to pierce all of em with a kind of knife or needle...
    • Posted

I do it hurts so bad and i also get this weird sensation in between the back of my head and neck and the side of my temples feel like the wanna bust open its scarying me to death. I take headach meds but nothing is working.
    • Posted

Well, I want to know another thing about your condition my friend:Have you ever get examined your neck,spine.I have severe neck kyphosis in other saying text neck and neck hernie,even I had a disk fusion operation 6 years ago.All of my symptoms I have mentioned above started all of a sudden 4 years ago and I always thought that my condition was closely related to spinal issues but many doc I saw said they are nothing to do with operation or neck kyphosis but you know....Vicious circle: What if are they missing something???Am I in the verge of the last stop of medicine???And result is a monster ...ANXIETY....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.