Is it B12 deficiency ? lost

Posted , 2 users are following.

I v been suffering from weird symptoms for 10 months, and I am lost, i still dont know what is causing them.

-Feeling drunk

-Imbalance

-weak hands and legs

-Short memory loss

-Confusion

-Anxiety

-Tingling

-double vision

-I have a wound on the corner of my mouth that won't heal for months (I don't know I'd it s related)

I had a CT scan, blood test but nothing, I went to an ENT he noticed a general Imbalance but couldnt explain it, my dentist told me that I have TMJ and that I could cause my symptoms so I wear a month guard since 3 months, a neurologist didn't even listened, he just gave me meds for migraine but it didn't help.. My symptoms keep worsening and I just came across B12 deficiency and it fits so well so I asked for a b12 test and folate even if my GP was sure it wasn't this, I had to insist. And I have tingling on both sides of body but it s worse on the left side.. What are your opinions ? Could it be B12 deficiency ? And i m afraid that the test might look normal but I heard that it can be not precise.. I m 17 and i live in Belgium, English is not my native language sorry for the errors smile my GP also told me that I have Crohn disease a year ago but he didn't tell me much about it. Thank you for your answers !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having health issues. Asking questions on a health forum is a step in the right direction. I just read a book on b12 deficiency. The author recommends the MMA urine test. The author and my naturopath state the serum blood test can be unreliable. There is a lot about this on the internet if you Google. You should also get a homocystein blood test. If this number is high it can also mean vitamin b12 deficiency.

It is also a good idea to get your vitamin d level checked. You should be around 80- 100. Most regular doctors will tell you you are ok around 30 to 40. This is not true.

I am not a doctor, these are just my opinions.

A good investment is seeing a naturopath doctor.

Hope this helps and you feel better.

• Posted

Thank you for the information and advices, i will talk to my GP about this right away, I really appreciate it. I will search for a naturopath , what is exactly the field if a naturopath ? It sure did, thank you Oddity.
  • Posted

hi dia,

i also have the same symptoms for a yeat now..i thought its more on my bones and muscles..i been to different doctors still i didnt have the right answer..i always have pain on my neck,at the back of my head..i have like vibrations on my body esp on legs and arms..poor eyesight,pin like pain on muscles..brittle nails,i have pimple like at the left side of my mouth that come and go..reddened and sore tongue..migraine attacks..i had my vit b 12 last week..my result was 219 only..dr said still in normal range and she just gave me oral supplement i told her maybe i need injections,she advices me to come back after 3months..now im always feeling dizzy and feel like i want to vomit always..

i hope we can cope with all this..

• Posted

I m sorry to hear this.. I could have wrote your message myself.. It s been about 11 months for me now. We have a lot of similar symptoms, I m sure there is a cause for all of this.. I m afraid that my doctor will misjudge the blood test and doesnt give me injection or oral supplement.. We have to insist, I was always the shy type with doctors, but not anymore, you have to insist or they will not take your problem seriously enough.. Did you try osteopathy ? And VRT ? did you check your jaw? We have to keep searching, i m sure we can at least find relief.. i understand you, you can talk to me whenever you want smile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.