Is it be appendicitis? Should I visit my GP?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a year or two ago I got really bad pains in my abdomen which was accompanied by sweating and a list of other symptoms. I went to the hospital and was told that the pain was in my appendix but they weren't going to do anything as the pain was gone by the time I reached the hospital. 

For the past two days I have been throwing up. I've also had a fever, nausea and tenesmus. Today during an English assessment I had a lot of pain on my right, which moved to my left and back to my right. I tolerated it during the test and then went home. We couldn't go to the hospital right away but by the time we were ready the pain was gone again. Now, every time I eat, I feel very nauseous and have pain in what I believe to be the hypogastric reigon of my abdomen.  

Is what I've experienced today appendicitis and should I consult my GP or visit the emergency room. What can I do for now to relieve my discomfort?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Go to the hospital immediately. I think you may have perforated your appendix.
  • Posted

    sorry, the reason why i say that is that you said the pain went away. intense pain accompanied by sudden relief is an indication that an inflammed appendix may have ruptured releasing the pressure, and infection into the abdominal cavity, relieving pain but putting you at great risk. The infection would then start to gradually make you feel sicker. 
  • Posted

    Pain and tenderness in the right lower side of the abdomen is due to appendicitis. It is an emergency condition. Please immediately visit to the nearest hospital. Pain in the abdomen may be due to ureteric or bladder stone. You need to do ultrasonography of abdomen to confirm diagnosis.
  • Posted

    Amanik?  I know this post is from 3 yrs ago,  if you do get this reply, I really want to know how it turned out for you.  Im experiencing the exact same thing youve described and want wanted to know if it is appendicitis. The closest Iv found on the internet is chronic appendicidis . Pkease reply if you see this :'( Im scared because the pain does go when you get to the doctor so when they test for the rebound pain thingy theres none. This post is the closest Iv seen anyone else expericing the same thing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.