Is it bowel cancer ?!?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, Can someone please help ?

I've had gastric problems all my life. But have spent the last 3 months with diaorreh,losing weight yet bloated stomach and abdominal cramps along with lower intermitant sharp pains either side, worse on eating, very tired, weight loss, dizzy spells,nausea at times, was on loo approx 20 to 30 times per day for month then gradually lowering to once a day in last few days and abdominal pain eased off. My appetite is not as good as it once was.

I have over the years been diagnosed with irritable bowl syndome.

I had stool test which came back positive for inflammatory bowel disease. My GP now referring me to gastroentrologist. 12 years ago i had 6 polyps cut out during a bladder operation. Never been seen since. My father died of stomach cancer aged 41 yrs. I phoned hospital for appt. but they booked up for next 18 weeks as my GP didn't put priority on letter. He is suspecting crohns but i've read up on this and it also refers to bowel cancer which has now concerned me. Im age 58 yrs old. Can anyone help as it is a long time to wait wondering ?!? Thank You.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Present yourself at A and E, you need to see someone.I was sent there with abdo pains.g eventually after endoscopy down throat and the flexi sigmoid, I've been told I have DD. Here on Tyneside we have first class everything.

Don't hesitate

• Posted

thanks siggie and anthony i will go back to the doctors again as you say being left in limbo after being told that what stress to leave me with just feel like they dont care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.