Is it Chiari?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, 

I have had a range of neurological symptoms for 2.5 years and was originally diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder. Symptoms come and go such as tremors, tingling in extremities, nerve and muscle pain, but I've had a few new ones pop up recently, including double vision and crazy headaches. 

I have had a new batch MRIs and just been told that "it looks normal" (they were checking for MS)

But it really doesn't look normal to me. i think my scans clearly show that my cerebellum is below the foramen magnum. 

I don't want to be one of those people telling my doctor i know better because i googled something... 

any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

My advice is to advocate for yourself and bring up your concerns to your doctor.  I believe doctors work for you and you’re the customer so don’t be afraid to ask them questions and test them. Don’t be afraid of being one of those patients who question a doctor because it’s your health and your concerns that need to be addressed first and foremost, not their ego. Plus, lots of doctors are not familiar with chiari so they need it explained to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.