Is it costochondritis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering for over a year now with constant pain in chest area daily especially under and around left breast. It's like an ache and pressure and the only way I can cope is to half my hand under there and push slightly to relieve some of the pain/pressure. I have to do this all the time even when I go to bed. I also get an ache and pins and needles in my left arm every so often and my left hand feels slightly weaker then what it was. I also get a constant popping and rumbling around the left brest which eases it up for a few seconds. I'm 29 and I've seen physio, chiropractor, neurologist, gastroenterologist and local gp all to which have not come up with an answer as yet. It's frustrating and affecting my daily life. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This sounds exactly like me! Can I ask do you feel like there's something sticking out at top of your rib on the left side? Almost like you have to push it back in? I've had clear bloods ecgs etc breasts checked but I'm so frightened too hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Hey Emma only slightly like every now and then my left side feels like it's swollen compared to my right even though it isn't! I've had all that checked as well and still nothing. That's the worst part, the not knowing! How long have you had yours? I've googled as well and haven't found nothing as to what mine is like so thought I'd try here see if anyone can shed light. Hope you get better soon too x
    • Posted

Thanks nikki! It's nice to chat to people who are going through the same it's driving me crazy haha convinced there's something wrong 😫 I've had mine quite a while now prob around 6 months I sometimes get a tight chest too and heart races quite a lot which I'm on meds for I think it's where I worry about it all x
    • Posted

Same here sometimes it feels like my heart will jump and I can't catch my breath like it gets stuck! All since this all started. It is nice to talk to someone who's going through it too, feel like I'm not alone or a hypochondriac haha x
    • Posted

I also get the lump in the throat feeling too , and palpatations which drive me in sane haha.I defo am getting my head around the idea that it's all linked to costo as surely if there was anything wrong with us the blood tests would of picked it up x
    • Posted

Yeah I agree, touch wood anyway! Just would be nice for a definitive answer instead of all this messing around! I've had scans and x rays too and they've not shown anything up so fingers crossed nothing to worry about. Keep in touch and let me know how your getting on if you don't mind x
  • Posted

Hi nikki. How are you feeling? X
    • Posted

Hey Emma! Not too bad thanks, was in quite a bit of pain yesterday but not so bad today. Don't enjoy bed time, can't get comfortable because of it sad how you doing? X
    • Posted

Oh bless ya! Hope it eases for you! Yeah not too bad thanks have a real tight chest this evening and keep getting those damn palpatations again 😥 Still feeling like something popping out at bottom of rib cage again X
    • Posted

Aww no. Hope it eases for you too! Them palpatations are the worse, scary when it's in that part of your body. X
    • Posted

Thanks nikki!Can I just ask does your heart ever beat fast? Or quick after eating x
    • Posted

Sometimes it feels like it does even without eating or it will feel like it struggles to beat. The pain in my chest area gets worse sometimes after eating as well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.