Is it Crohns?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am just waiting for the results of a stool sample for IBD but one of my blood tests showed vitamin D deficiency for which I'm now taking calcium tablets.

I have an existing auto immune of HLA B 27 which I've read can have a link to crohns. I don't always have bad cramps and diarrhoea but when I do it's so bad I feel I may pass out through the most excruciating pain which then goes when I've pass diarrhoea. I haven't lost weight but I feel tired and fatigued all the time. I have pains in my joints, hips and knees daily and i have suffered more times than I can remember.

I know I don't appear to have that many symptoms as I've read some people with crohns have but it's enough to now make me worry. I am so anxious now waiting for my results. 

Any advice. 

Thanks you. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that should have read I've suffered more times than I can remember with eye infections and been under the hospital and been on steroids and antibiotics 

• Posted

Try not to stress yourself, I know, easier said than done.

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine before I was diagnosed with Chrons but I also have diverticulitis and have occasional flare ups.

Wait for your lab results and try not to worry; it's good that you're seeing a doctor. Think positive thoughts. You are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.