Is it curable without surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 21 years old. Obese type 1. 7 months ago I had a severe pain in between my buttocks on the top. I knew it was pus pimple. So I let it for few days and later it popped. There was lot of blood and pus. My mom drained it all. Since then it's been open. It doesn't hurt or leak unless I push it or squeeze it. And when i do it's mostly blood. But a few drops like 3 or 4 drops. And a week ago my wound got closed and no blood even when I squeezed but recently it popped again and there was pus inside. I cleaned it all again and its the same thing now. Little blood and little pus when i squeeze the wound from above. I don't have any pain at all nor is it leaking. Do I need a surgery? I'm really scared of surgery and my day involves lots of moment. So I can't stay in bed for 2 months or so. Can I cure this without surgery?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would recommend you consult a surgeon and have him make a call. If there is still a drain when you push/squeeze it indicates a minor tract/sinus which collects the discharge. You are probably at the earlier stages of infection and consulting a doctor now would be wise - earlier the better. Depending on your current condition they maybe able to get the infection subsided with antibiotics and may not need a surgery. Get well and take care !
  • Posted

If you get it taken care of sooner than later the recovery will be shorter. It normally develops when you’re in the womb and doesn’t show up til puberty but it’ll keep happening and it will become painful the more times it flares up and gets infected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.