Is it dangerous?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My friend has a nerve pain due to a damage in nerves in the shoulder. doctors are treating him with morfin injection. is it dangerous for his life?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

His doctor will have prescribed a safe dose and will be monitoring his response to the medication. For further advice, ask your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. people says that it will be harmful to his future life. Is it true? and also do you have any experiance with this matter?

• Posted

I don't know whether or not it will be harmful; the doctor must have had good reason to prescribe it and would not have done so lightly. I am not a doctor, that is why I suggested it is better discussing it with a doctor

• Posted

If you mean MORPHIN for pain, it's very addictive, so yes I think it's very dangerous !!!

• Posted

thank you for the reply. do you have any experience with this kind of a matter? because it's very important for me to know further information.

• Posted

I was addicted to morphin for many years because of severe back pain !

After my 7th back surgery, my back pain was gone !

I had a blood test to see if my liver and kidneys was alright !

The blood tests came back OK, so I knew that I better get off the morphin !

I started wheening myself off of the morphin and in a couple of months I was free of morhin !

I hope that I answered your question ?

I wish the best of luck !

• Posted

Yes. Thank you very much for your reply. But it seems there is a little problem with my friend. He says his pain is increasing after taking the injection. Could you please tell me is that possible? once again thank you very much for your reply.

• Posted

I didn't have morphin injections but took it by pills !

I'd think that it would be unusual for morphin making a person's pain worse, but not unheard of !?

Has your friend told his doctor about it !

• Posted

Sounds more like his pain is not being controlled by the morphine and could be the reason for the pain getting worse.The injection itself could also cause pain, especially if it was not done properly. I fear anything to do with needles because a botched blood test left me with permanent neuralgia

• Posted

Well I think this you are correct. Could you please tell me is there any thing we can do for his pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.