Is it depression linked with fibro??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is quite hard for me to write but wanted to know if anyone is the same...

The last 2 weeks my mood has been really low and I have zero patience for things. I feel like even silly little things are annoying me if that makes sense?... My relationship with my partner has suffered this last few weeks due to my crabbit attitude. I have read that depression is linked with fibro which mine just seems to come and go and isn't there all the time. Also I'm not sure if it's only here on my weeks when I feel really rubbish with my fibro symptoms and that when I have good days I'm much more up beat and a no bad moods.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amiee,

Yes depression is a very common part of fibro due not being able to do the things you would normally be able to do. Also the pain is going to get to you as it always seems that nothing will help so your mood does become low. I would suggest speaking to your doctor and see if there is anything they can do to help you.

• Posted

You are not alone Aimee, very much depression and fibromyalgia go hand in hand like they're best mates, and the moods could be due to stress levels in life. Hopefully if you manage that the depression won't be as bad, I was told I haven't fully accepted my condition by a therapist, I cry every time I talk about it, but since then I'm getting there slowly making changes to help the moods. I'm thinking of you x

• Posted

Thank you for your response oompa I really appreciate it... I've never been to a therapist but I would quite like to to see if it helps me.. I know deep down I haven't accepted this condition. I'm only 27 years old who used to be full off life, life and soul of the party. Depression was never anything I suffered from I couldn't have been a happier person up until October 14. There's nights a lie in bed in tears and think the doctors have got to have got this wrong it must be something else. I see my gp every 4 weeks and it's like she's just stumped and doesn't know what else to say to me anymore. I see her tomorrow so will see what she says then xx

• Posted

Look into mindfulness, I'm in Birmingham and so have registered with Birmingham healthy minds. I have some good days some bad. What you need to remember is you are not alone. When I first got diagnosed around the same time as you it was so hard to understand and deal with everyday trials I thought of overdosing with the frustration and pain. But thankfully I was able to talk about it, I have more bad days then good but talking through makes it that little bit easier.

• Posted

It's so hard to accept when ur so young I think that's what makes it harder for me. I have 2 young children of 7 and 5 so I never get a chance to have a rest so my body is on the go from 7am till 8pm every day in life which in a way helps me loads cause I don't have time to think about anything. I think if it wasn't for my busy life I would feel a lot worse than I do.. I have to think myself lucky everyday that I'm not at a really bad stage yet. I don't know what a good day feels like anymore I have a list of symptoms the length of my arm 😞. I hope your ok and it does help to know I'm not the only one going threw this. Xx

• Posted

It is, by you need to make time for yourself. I was told to sign off sick from work, but I need to keep busy and distracted. Can you ask family or friends to have the kids for a little while, maybe go and have a massage or facial or something. I don't have kids so I was able to book a ticket to Toronto and just escape for a couple of weeks it was just what I needed, it doesn't solve everything but it is a start. You have to sometimes put yourself first, if you can't go out build the kids a little tent in the house, few blankets and chairs and tell them they are to have an adventure, while you run yourself a bath, maybe a face mask and relax for a little bit?

• Posted

My family are great they have my kids a lot when I have stuff to do but if I'm feeling really rubbish they will go to my parents house so I can get a nap. I tend to spend my child free time doing cleaning and washing, I should learn to tell myself it can all wait till another time but I'm ocd with my house and that doesn't help. I have a bath every night and that's my down time to myself. I went off work on the sick in June 2015 and officially handed in my notice jan16 and haven't worked since then... That gets to me a lot cause I left high school straight into my job at 16 and now at 27 I don't work at all. X

• Posted

Don't give yourself such a hard time, you are still very young. It's great you have a supportive family. When you go to your gp ask if you can be referred to a mindfulness therapist. It will pass, and you will feel better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.