Is it gallbladder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had pain in my RUQ right upper quadrant for 2 months now. The pain comes and goes but is worse after I eat. I have also had some fatty bms. I have had a ct scan, ultrasound and hida scan which all came back normal. Hida scan said 59% but after I drank the ensure I didn't start having pains and rated it a 4 and told them that it felt like the same pain I usually deal with but just not as intense like after I eat. My doctor doesn't know what to do so is referring me to a general surgeon but said it's not for surgery but for him to try other tests. I really feel like it's my gallbladder and not sure if I should request the surgery or is there something we are all missing?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alicia49027. I am going through a similar situation myself. I've had aching/dull pain in my right side for over 2 months now. I've had blood tests, urine tests and two ultrasounds on my kidneys ect and all have come back clear. I've been to see a chiropractor (my friend suggested so I thought why not). the chiropractor seams to think its costochondritis in my lower right ribs and has advised on pain relief and exercises at home. I'm not convinced but with see if the exercises help at all.

The aching started at the beginning of January, this was after I'd had a viral infection and covid in December and a huge amount of stress added on top. I was also prescribed a high dose of vitamin d in October for 12 weeks as I had a deficiency -this was flagged up in a blood test for migrains.

I am slowly going crazy looking for an answer to what is going on as no one seems to have a answer ( I know the chiropractor said costochondritis but I am not convinced).

• Posted

Hi Alicia! How are you?

I am going through exactly the same thing and I am going out of my mind with worry. I have a dull ache under my ribs and through to my back (right side) it started after a viral infection in Decemeber. I have had it on the odd occasion over the last 3 years but it always goes away. This time it isn't going anywhere! My doctor says I have an inflamed gallbladder but of course I have googled everything there is to know about gallbladder pain and apparently gallbladder pain does stay all the time and is usually severe, not a dull ache. It can go away for a few hours but always seems to come back? How are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.