Is it hashimotos?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter already has one autoimmune condition and is being tested for more. The blood test form said this is what was being tested:

UE, FBC2, T, B, NANAS and CRP

I have been told by the receptionist that all the tests have come back fine, no action needed. However, my daughter has loads of symptoms of hashimotos: finding it hard to swallow, feels like a lump at the front of her neck, insomnia, fatigue, pains in her hands and feet on and off, loss of appetite, she keeps saying the side of her neck/ shoulder is really sore which I have read is quite common, she has been saying for the last couple of weeks that loads of her eyelashes keep coming out really easily which I have also read is a symptom.

Could the wrong tests have been done? Is it still possible that she has hashimoto's?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think if she really feels that the wrong tests were taken she should go back to her GP & calmly explain why she thinks she needs TSH & antibodies & to mention Hashimotos & have a proper chat about it! She may have to book a 1/2 hr appt so that the doc can really talk to her!

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

I meant to also ask, is your daughter under undue stress at the moment as stress can also produce these symptoms! If it's stress she really needs to see the GP ASAP!

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.