is it Hayfever or something else

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I'm a man of 55 and since March of this year until today have been suffering from Sore throat, stinging eyes, blocked nose occasionally, earache, hot and sweaty flushes that come and go occasionally . I have never had hayfever in the past even though I have spend a lot of time outside over the years in countryside locations surrounded by trees, grass, plants etc. I haven't sneezed at all during this time. The throat and eye symptoms are there most days (have probably had a total of maybe 10 free days from all symptoms since March. Have tried various things such as eye drops, Beconase, anti-histamine tablets, masks, honey, vasaline up the nose nothing really does anything to help! My GP hasn't been a lot of help over the months (have only had phone conversations with them!) The only think I found by chance that does help briefly is eating spring onion (which gives me heartburn if I eat to much!) . I have also developed what seems to be an allegy to Newspaper! If I read one the symptoms come on instantly as well (if I didn't have them at the time). Would a dust or mold allegy have these same symptoms? My house isn't any dustier or moldy than before so why all of a sudden are these things effecting me now ? any ideas anyone...

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.