Is it healthy? Future problems?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok guys so i found out about two years ago that i had chronic bronchitis because it comes back everytime i catch a cold which i usually get one like every 4-8months. I am currently using symbicort and its been great in relieving my problem. Just curious is there any long term affects with using the inhalator everytime i get a cold and start coughing?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Nope, but follow the limitations provided.
  • Posted

The information leaflets that come with the inhaler meds may give you an idea. Always worth a read, how to take, mouth rinsing, brushing teeth etc.

EMC site will have details also.

or even search Patient UK about symbicort.

Although all side affects listed, (usually long term affects as well), not every one will experience them and taking the medicines as prescribed is a very good option too smile

• Posted

Gencho, are you a smoker?  If so you need to put those things down immediately.  Chronic Bronchitis if no one has told you is the earliest form of Emphysema/COPD....You will only make your lungs weaker by continuing in habits such as pollution, molds, pollens, mildew, industries, factories, refineries, and auto emissions.  You need to get to a much healthier place..  Get proactive about your health, if you are regularly getting bronchitis which requires antibiotics and an inhaler I would venture to say, you need to see  a pulmonologist sooner than later.  Not trying to frighten you by any means, but you need to know what is really going on and not progressing.  Remember those of us with COPD started with Bronchitis or some with no symptoms.  Don't play with fires, get yourself checked out thoroughly get the scans, xrays and blood tests including your blood pulse oxygen levels.  Let us know how you are progressing.  God bless..  Breathless

• Posted

No, im not a smoker. Im actually very atheletic and am active 7 days a week.
  • Posted

Symbicort has a boxed warning that I found on the internet.    

I tried to to send you a link but Patient does not allow.  

You our are doing the right thing to gather information on your medications. 

So, contrary to my initial reaction, yes be careful with all drugs.  People react differently.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.