Is it herpes???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there! So, 4 days ago I had unprotected sex and the next day I noticed my vagina was very itchy, inflamed and my discharge was white and watery. I assumed it was a yeast infected and got medicine for it yesterday and I’ve been using it for 2 days, but today I noticed a line of bumps on my vulva and it’s the same shade as the skin. At first I thought it was Vestibular papillomatosis but I’ve come to find out that VP isn’t suppose to be itchy and sensitive. The yeast meds seems to be helping with majority of the discomfort but I’m extremely concerned about the bumps. The only side effects I have for herpes is the bumps so that’s why I’m still not 100% sure if that’s what it is.

I would get tested but with my financial situation it’s not possible at the moment.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Update: I just talked to the guy I slept with and he said he was tested and came back negative and he was going to get tested again next week but I’m nothing to assume anything. I’ll keep updating on any changes.
  • Posted

Upload pic
    • Posted

This picture is zoomed and cropped so with the naked eye it looks more like really small bumps instead of blisters. I have little to no itch, doesn't hurt to pee, no swelling, no flu like symptoms, no pain in pelvis. The only thing is that when I touch the bumps/blisters it just feels like im touching a fresh scratch.

I still have thick, white discharge but it doesn't smell. 

• Posted

Keep calm. This is not herpes. May be other infection or inflammation. 
    • Posted

your symptoms may not be herpes, This can be a vaginal yeast infection or something else. Let your doctor know and ask her what exactly infection you've gotten 

• Posted

I also forgot to include that I was dry when we had sex so could it be blisters from dry sex?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.