Is it HFM?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi folks

My son has recently had a cold with a little temperature and a couple of days ago I noticed 3 blister type spots on his foot and a little red rash on the back- it hasn't affected him but don't want to pass it to babies at the docs/chemist if it is- what do you reckon (not that I'll hold you to it- promise) there is no medicine I know but just want to know if I should keep him away from his friends he is seeing on Wednesday or not?

Help!!

:o

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sorry- just read it again- the red rash is on the back of his foot not on his back!!!!
  • Posted

Just seen your e-mail hope he is ok. Both my daughters (3yr old & 5month) has just had it. Doctors and all the text books say that it is more contagious in children under 5. Incubation period is between 4 and 7 days. Spots should appear after that. Calpol is the best!!!!!!!!!Nothing should be put on the spots. Best to let the spots breathe.Hope he is better soon. hope this helps.
  • Posted

Just remembered that the spots appear on knees, hands, feet and bum cheeks.I have kept my oldest of nursery for two weeks. On the inside of his mouth (inner cheeks) he might have white spots which turn into ulcers. Avoid fruit juices and anything spicy. Let me know. (obviously I am mot a doctor!!!!!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.