Is it hidradenitis suppurativa or what?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 21 year old female.

I'm am so fed up with this,

Since I was 18, I started getting these dark spots on My inner thighs,I can't remember to much but eventually they went away,kinda looked like small bruise. I remember I'd always get a small surface boil a week before my period,and it'd go away when I got my period.

I now always have small what looks like cysts,no pain,no redness,just pus,just a little ball under the skin that has pus. No pain or redness.

And blackheads also.and here and there I'll get a surface boil(more often than not) which I treat with topical ointment.

Ever since October last year every now and again I'll get a deep abcess that requires the dr to drain. I'm so self conscious,I don't even let My partner see my inner thighs.I'm so over this,I'm so over feeling disgusting and gross. I have scars from a few being drained.

I got on the depo provera birth control last October but drs say it's unusual for the depo to cause this. And I say to my dr well have I got some sort of superbug,they laugh and say no no. It's probably folliculitis or hidrendis suprivita however you spell it,from memory when I was 14 my parents took me to the dr where me my mum and dad all had a swab under our arms and in our noses,to test for what I'm not assuming was mrsa (my parents didn't like to tell me much when I was young) both me and my father tested positive and had to put this ointment up our noses for a while. I just can't deal with this anymore,please someone tell me I'm not alone,I honestly sometimes hate even being in the world,because I feel ugly and disgusting all the time with these issues.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You aren't alone I'm going threw the same as u i tested poss for m r s a and have boils the ones I get are the size of cherry tomatoes and hurt badly have had them lanced open so many times they won't Lance them open anymore

• Posted

I get under the arms inder my breasts and in the grion and thighs and they have lanced them open at least 6 times on every spot they worrie about tissue. So they told me they can't Lance them snore o have so many of them that are active right now and don't know what to do

• Posted

That sounds awful. On my surface boils I use bactroban ointment. Not sure if you have tried that.

I am just fed up with it though.I feel so depressed and unattractive because of it.

• Posted

I have been on 9 antibiotics 3 ointment nuttin more they can do for me. I feel depressed and unattractive my husband. Says I'm beautiful. Sometes I think he just says that to make me feel a little better he is very supportive and he hates to see me in pain and can't do anything

• Posted

Has anything worked at all?

I only just started reading about Humira. I'm going to ask my dr about it

• Posted

Mu doctor td me there is no cure for this. We can try and control them so far they are way out of control
  • Posted

Your frustration is well known by me. I have a few tips that will help you get it under control and eventually out of your life. 

First off you need to start using a Chlorhexadine Gluconate solution 4% with 4% isopropyl alcohol. This can be found at pharmacies under the brand names hepacleanse, Stanhexadine, etc. These are usually died red and are a cleanser that you should use each time you shower, twice a day is good. You will notice that the area will no longer have the sensitive feeling and the boils will stop creating themselves under the skin surface. 

For boils that are existing you need to use bactrobane, or mupirocin, as a topicle antibiotic. You may need to couple this with a oral antibiotic as well. Warm clothes a few times a day can help bring the boil to the surface as well. The boils must complete there cycle and drain. Tea tree oil on the warm cloth is also helpful. I find also that putting some isopropyl alcohal on a make-up pad and holding on the boil helps to reduce the inflammation a lot. 

Now for boils that seem to come back or lumps that you can feel under the skin... you need to get these removed. A cyst or boil left untreated is a boil you will end up getting again. 

• Posted

1st start...Google Nighshade foods and start NOT eating them, anyone with HS has triggers, usually it is our foods, if you smoke STOP...NO potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant..look it up low infammation foods is what you need and i bet you see a decline in them!..for us women that is usually how it started with us hormonal flares
  • Posted

Your not alone. I also have the same thing you have on upper left thigh going into bikini area. I tryed clindamyasin, did not make any difference. I am now taking tumeric 2000 ml a day. Its not getting any worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.