Is it IBS or Something Else??Worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

So it's been like 5 months already, I am having minor headache and I am suffering from excessive flatulence. I consulted a neurologist 3 months ago and told my problems about the headache thing he said it's a tension type headache and he told me to eat my meal at proper time and gave me some anti depressant medicines. Since I started to eat those medicines, my head pain was improved a lot but it's not completely recovered yet. Apart from that I am having this problem of constant urge to go to the toilet every morning as soon as I wake up and I pass a lot of wind throughout the day even if I do stool, while only average amount of stool gets passed when I do stool. My stomach is also bit bloated while My Stool is also like sometimes it is bit loose sometimes it is normal, sometimes it is hard but it's not watery stool till now. I do stool sometimes just once in the morning in fact and sometimes I do it like two or three times a day not more than that. I was worried so I did stool test too, it showed completely normal stool but some undigested food particles were present. Apart from that I also have stomach cramps sometimes, it feels like my stomach is burning especially when I eat my meal sometimes during night time or sometimes in the day and the pain does not happen for a long time, it happens for short period of time and it's gone like a miracle. I even consulted a gastroenterologist and told my problems he said it's the starting phase of IBS and he told me everything is normal you don't need to perform any colonoscopy or any other exams, he gave me some medicines though which didn't work well. My stomach also makes sound sometimes and especially when I feel like my stomach is paining it makes noise and boom the pain is gone. I have never vomited till now since the time 5 months before I had this problem or feel like I am fainting neither I became sick. My weight is also not decreased and it's increasing instead since nowadays i have started to eat a lot. Could someone help me please??? Would be grateful if someone sorted out my problem. Thanks in advance ****

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm no doctor but it does sound like IBS. I didn't quite understand what your main concern is? the flatulence?

• Posted

What type of anti-depressants did your doctor put you on? Most of them have side effects that affect the G.I. system.

• Edited

HI, Maybe it would help to change your diet around. Maybe more fibre. and it could help to chew your food more and drink a glass of water sometimes.

• Posted

Suffering with the exact same at the moment, are you any further with this? Any replied would be greatly appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.