Is it inevitable that BPH symptoms progressively get worse?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had BpH symptoms for about a year and a half and the symptoms seem to be getting worse. I've read different reports some say BPH symptoms can get better on their own or they can get worse

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been taking medication for it or making lifestyle changes to try to reduce it ?

• Posted

I started taking alfuzosin. It seems to be helping a bit during the day. But if I have to get up am sleeping there seems to be a lot of retention where takes a long time and it only drips out. Other than that it's manageable.

• Posted

Johnny,

How old are you? Do you know how big your prostate is? Your symptoms sound like the rest of us, ok during the day, trouble at night. I just had Rezum done 6 weeks ago and my flow at night has really improved. I just hope it lasts for a while.

Tim

• Posted

As my Doctor once said "never say never and never say always" but chances are your BPH symptoms will progress and not in a good way.

• Posted

I'm not sure whether this has posted twice because there is some glitch in the system.

I put this question to a very experienced Urology cosultant. He told me that the problem doesn't inevitably get worse. I have forgotten the percentages but he said there is a reasonable chance that it can stabilise or even, in some cases, get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.