Is it iron deficiency /vit D deficiency or depression?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I know people here aren't necessarily medical professional, but I'd still like to have some opinions because I've dealt with neither of the mentioned issues before and I don't feel like I'm fitting either description to the point I can tell which one is likelier. So, I'm asking for opinions on my symptoms:

• paleness
  • dark circles around the eyes
  • fatigue, low energy
  • occasional headaches (more frequent in recent times)
  • dizziness when standing up (though, that's not a new symptoms, I have low blood pressure)
  • concentration and memory problems (though, I have ADHD, so it's hard to tell if those symptoms are relevant)
  • fidgeting, being jittery (again, ADHD, but I feel like it got worse)
  • my heartbeat is rather low (60), but increases drastically and very fast if I start exercising. It goes up to 180 after just 2-5 minutes of mild cardio training on the cross-trainer. And I feel like I'm out of breath faster than others.
  • cold hands and legs (actually to the point my toes turn blue) no matter the outside temperature. My feet become numb after a short time of exercise (5-10 min). I wear woolen socks in summer, but my feet are still cold. Only a hot water bottle helps.
  • muscle twitches and even leg cramps. Those seem to respond well to magnesium supplementation although my Mg levels were still in the normal range (0.88, iirc). But blood Mg levels aren't really reliable, as far as I know.
  • occasional (definitely more often than in the past) low appetite, yet nausea when I try to eat something. I also feel full pretty fast, after just a few bites
  • occasional palpitations
  • insomnia (I used to sleep rather well in the past)
  • not in the mood to socialize. It just feels too hard to reply to text messages. I'm fine when it comes to my housemates. And I don't experience any guilt or anxiety when it comes to social interactions.
  • lowered mood, but no (constant) sadness or anything like that. However, I have a harder time starting and enjoying things that I used to like.
  • dealing with paper work, emails or anything that requires thinking feels unusually hard, but I'm fine with household chores so far
  • sluggishness

I have had issues with my stomach for a few years now, ever since an infection with H. pylori. As a long-term side effect of it I'm dealing with heartburn and take PPI when needed, sometimes daily and for several weeks in a row. I'm also taking stimulant medication for my ADHD (which at least seems to have an impact on my magnesium levels. The longer I take it the more frequent I get leg cramps and muscle pain, so I take a break from it every few weeks. Supplementing magnesium while taking the stimulant does not seem to be effective, only if I'm off the stimulant).

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.